fed gold 215m primerless???

nheninge

ok seriously...,

Where the heck is federal with the supply of gold 215M primers. Down to my last and none to b seen in the near future. I have been a loyal fan, but if supply is this bad for the consumer, I feel my loyalty waning. I don't like the idea of being raped by primer scalpers for 100+$ a box. I place the blame squarely on the manufacturer. Anybody have some influence with this company to remind them where they will be when the war is over if they forget about the little guy?

Called Oregon sportsman as soon as they opened this a.m., and they are out. Midway is backordered to September, Midsouth until May.

This truly illustrates the madness. What the heck is going on. By my math it will be 2 years that this product has been back-ordered. Clearly Federal has forgotten about the little guy. Calling federal has yielded ZERO stocking distributors and no results. This is unacceptable business policy in my opinion.

What other primers are comparable for competition (Input appreciated)? I want a mag primer for a 7mm/300 WSM. In my hands, ES and SD are higher with their regular mag primers, and velocity suffers a bit with the 210m's. I have a good load and I would like to stay with it.

Paying 75+$ plus hazmat from a scalper just ****es me off, with no guarantee of proper previous storage/handling.

Surely I am not the only shooter with this problem.

The Wolf Large Rifle Magnum primers performed very close to the same in my 7-300WSM.

I ended up tweaking the load by .1gr to land at exactly the same velocity node. However ES was slightly higher with the Wolf primers.

I ran up on some 215Ms completely by accident and stocked up for awhile then. Hopefully I have enough to outlast the drought.

I have almost a full brick of regular Fed. 215 if anyone needs a few to get by. I just wanted to see if the 215GM would make a noticable difference. I'm already getting outstanding groups, so I just don't know. Looks like I never will.

I got lucky and loaded up on 10,000 federal 215 and did get a few 215M's to try and see if there was a difference in my gun, didn't notice a difference so I am going to stick with the 215's.

I think the problem with Federal is that they are suppling a large amount of their capacity to the military, and as far as I am concerned I will simply have to find another primer until they get catch up.
Our Soldiers need them more than I do.

Dave

Call these guys. http://www.backfortysportingclays.com/

I asked them if they could get some a few months ago, and the next month that I went there they had them in stock. They still had 'em the last time I was there. They're open on the weekends, not during the week. IIRC I paid $36 for a brick of 1K. I don't know if they'll ship or not, but Larry is a great guy to deal with. So's his son Ryan.

There are people who need F215 GM primers and will check with a forum sponsor like 3rd Gen SS who have 142 bricks in stock right now.

Rifle

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.