Factory ammo performance

hatfield954

Do any of you smart individuals know what factory ammo is comparible to berger ammo? I looked on their website and did not see that they make it for a 308. Berger seems to have great performance ( I have never used it, duh) from the info I have found.

Thank you for your reply Gene. I saw on that site also, that berger does produce ammo for the 308. I wonder why they only show certain calibers on the berger website. In your personal opinion, which of those two brands would be the better of the two? I have never used either of those, or never even heard of them until landing on this site. I always try to do as much research before spending the money. I am not trying to make myself sound like a complete idiot, like I said I do as much research as I can to get the best I can on my budget.

I re-checked the PV web site, and they do not show Berger factory ammo. The Berger web site does not show it either, but you can buy brass loaded with the Berger bullets thru The Hunting Shack. They do not identify the brass manufacturer. The Berger hunting bullets are very good.

And, of course, anything made by Lapua is first class. Why not buy some Lapua brass and have a friend load the Berger bullets for you? That would be the equivalent of factory ammo.

I could go that route. I have a hunting buddy that reloads and could get him to do that for me. I know he has the equipment to load 308, because he has a 308 rifle. Thanks again for your support.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts