Factory 6.5 PRC long action?

Not a long action but Seekins Havak Element is set up with a magazine length of 3.14
Mine is slightly longer. I have the 156 Berger .03 OTL with 3.065 COAL.
Plenty of room to chase.

Last edited:
You aren't exactly walking out with a prc, but tikka magnums are an easy conversion away. There's a gunsmith who's opening up the 6.5 creedmoor bolt face, re chambers factory barrel and then just a bolt stop and magazine swap. Since tikkas are all technically long action

Howa, but the one I received was absolute garbage. Sent it back for a refund.
That sucks I bought a Howa 1500 in a 6.5 PRC & it shoots pretty good for a $500 off the shelf rifle with off the shelf ammo it shot about 1 MOA @ 1000yds with the Hornady Precision Hunter ammo but it didn't like the Hornady 147 match ammo for some reason

That sucks I bought a Howa 1500 in a 6.5 PRC & it shoots pretty good for a $500 off the shelf rifle with off the shelf ammo it shot about 1 MOA @ 1000yds with the Hornady Precision Hunter ammo but it didn't like the Hornady 147 match ammo for some reason
My rifle has a bad barrel. Ammo was 200 fps below adv vo, copper fouled horribly and brass looked like it was trashed after one firing. Ejector, swipe loose pockets. Pretty sure it was undersized bore for sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.