Factory .223 ammo recommendations?

kenpcpilot

best factory ammo for DMPS Panther varmit special 20" barrel? I have the Nikon Coyote scope so I am looking for best hunting accuracy no moa accuracy. I was not impressed with the Black Hills ammo. The Herter's crap would not cycle correctly and kept double feeding and jamming. The Fiocchi was not bad but I would like some feedback from coyote hunters on its kill performance. this is my first AR and I don't reload. ? Hornaday, ? Remington. I shoot Hornaday factory loads in my .308 have never been disappointed yet. Any feedback is really appreciated before I go out and spend several hundred on ammo before I get something the performs well.

best factory ammo for DMPS Panther varmit special 20" barrel? I have the Nikon Coyote scope so I am looking for best hunting accuracy no moa accuracy. I was not impressed with the Black Hills ammo. The Herter's crap would not cycle correctly and kept double feeding and jamming. The Fiocchi was not bad but I would like some feedback from coyote hunters on its kill performance. this is my first AR and I don't reload. ? Hornaday, ? Remington. I shoot Hornaday factory loads in my .308 have never been disappointed yet. Any feedback is really appreciated before I go out and spend several hundred on ammo before I get something the performs well.

I have had real good luck with the Prvi Partizan ammo both in accuracy and cost. Brass is very
good and when fire formed in my 223 AI it is very accurate and reloads many times.

Try a box. Your rifle may like it and if it does, It works well on varmints and with the heaver
bullets on larger game

They make 55 grain to 75 grain bullets.

J E CUSTOM

My Savage 12 loves the Fiocci 40 gr vmax. It shoots so good, I can't bring myself to reload for it... and... the several coyotes I've shoot with it... fell off their feet... long shots as well. And the price of 50 rounds for 20.00....how can you do better than that.

I have a Bushmaster Varmintder 24" bl and I use the Winchester 55gr Silver Tip Varmint. I get 1/2" groups at 100yds and 3/4" groups at 200yds!! These rounds to be factory are spot on and are the Most Violent Round I've ever seen. Try them out there not cheap at $28+ a box but there worth it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.