Exploding armodillos ! (Graphic)

tbrice23

This is as much fun as tanerite! These were shot in SW Tennessee with a 270wsm 150gr vld and 6AI 105gr vld from 50 to 450 yards.

I love the report of their shells popping.
20180128_201642.jpg
20180128_153656.jpg
20161225_090251.jpg
20161225_095829.jpg

Yep, I heard that once... and you only got to tell me once!

I leave em in the field, hopefully the yotes will get leprosy.

I haven't s seen that destruction in a long time.
In about 1966 or 7 ,I got a 264 WM in a 700 REM. Loaded up some old Herter's 130 Gr. bullets made for Europe's 6.5's. With a full load of old H4831 bag surplus powder, It would blow ground hogs in half, Or turn a groundhogs head Inside out.
Have a great time making Armadillos on the half shell. !!!

I can't even look at the pictures they gross me out that much. I hate it when they come out when I'm hunting. I have to look away. They give me goosebumps. I'll shoot them and have shot a ton of them, but I even hate the thud sound it makes on their shells. Blah...thinking of eating one make me want to vomit.

I'm pretty sure predators don't eat them. I've shot them and came back a week later and they were still there untouched.

I don't think you used enough gun!

They were on my favorite list of things to shoot when I lived in Florida. The other favorite was the Nutra Rats. They were pretty great too. I even got to ride around in a golf cart on a decent golf course doing drive by's on them with buck shot. I would have preferred BBs or #2s, but I didn't get to choose the ammo. It was government sponsored and I felt lucky to be one of the chosen few!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.