experimental vortex scope.

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by wyoming4x4, Dec 9, 2013.

1. wyoming4x4

wyoming4x4 Well-Known Member

wyoming special vortex, 5 oz. On the money. cubscout edition.

Attached Files:

• 141.jpg
      141.jpg
      File size:
      75.8 KB
      Views:
    • 137.jpg
      137.jpg
      File size:
      104.6 KB
      Views:
    • 136.jpg
      136.jpg
      File size:
      88 KB
      Views:
  2. wyoming4x4

I build a pinewood derby car for rockymtn sports in sheridan wyo. The store donates to the local scouts every year. We get to build a car but i have build something related to the stores products. this paticular year was vortex rifle scopes. thought you guys might get a kick out of this build, was fun! The local kids get a kick out of what we build and gets the little minds a thinking! We get to race it against other local businesses and have fun at the yearly race, good times!

3. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

When I was a Cub, I had to build my own. Dads weren't supposed to help (they did however). I like it. Probably have less wind resistance if it was hollow.....

Those were great days.....

Next year, do a rangefinder......:)

4. wyoming4x4

hollow derby car and making weight, gonna have to work on that. need to dig up my other derby car for the store. it was a mechanical broadhead and functioned. the kids really like that one. they wouldn't let me have razor sharp blades, no fun. glad you liked!

5. .30US

.30US Well-Known Member

Looks good. Two things that I always found to help when I was a Cub were to make sure the axles were uneven so I might not have the friction from all four wheels on the track at once, and to chuck the axle pins in a drill and polish the heads to radius them and keep them from rubbing on the plastic wheels, again, reducing friction.

6. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, post a picture. Reminds me of my scouting days.