Expected Cost for a Mexico Desert Sheep Hunt

I'm booked to go in a couple years, and it's running just over $50k. By the time you get travel, tips, and ancillary costs your approaching a $70k out the door trip.

Shop around if you're really interested and get on cancellation lists - people do have to cancel for a multitude of reasons and being on a short list with some cash on the sidelines is a good way to capitalize on opportunity.

As others have said - I think this trip will end up being on the lower end of the spectrum in a few years. I'm glad I did a couple dall hunts years ago when you could do the whole trip out the door for well under $20k.

It may cost you your life. There's big spike in murders and abductions of tourists in Mexico, recently. I suspect the high prices for Mexican hunts pay off the gangs and cartels to leave the foreign hunters alone. I'm done with Mexico. I'd rather spend my money on a feral goat, or sheep hunt in Argentina, where I think you may get out cheaper and more safe, overall.

Just spent a week on the Seri land in Sonora...did not see but 8 small rams and bunch of ewes. Heading back for another week of hunting tomorrow to hopefully kill a nice ram. Price = $62k. Hunting Tiburon (also Seri land) is $95k. If I had it to do all over, I might opt for La Palmosa in Chihuahua. It's certainly expensive but if you want it, you find a way. I've tried to draw a desert tag for 30+ years in AZ, NV, UT, NM but cannot seem to get drawn. That's why I decided to go.
Was that you who just posted on Facebook that you got your slam ram???

Just poach in garden of the gods in CO….sorry, not helpful but went through about 100 rams (some amazing) yesterday and had to post somewhere.

Attachments

• 98D368E1-CCDE-458F-87EB-98A57ED276E0.jpeg
    98D368E1-CCDE-458F-87EB-98A57ED276E0.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 88
Just poach in garden of the gods in CO….sorry, not helpful but went through about 100 rams (some amazing) yesterday and had to post somewhere.
I live 20 min from where the rams are congregated and get to look at them a lot...there's always been really big rams in there, even and especially back in the early 80's. Now there's still a really big ram that pops up every couple years.

I live 20 min from where the rams are congregated and get to look at them a lot...there's always been really big rams in there, even and especially back in the early 80's. Now there's still a really big ram that pops up every couple years.
We were headed by to go atving and saw the cars stopped. I was amazed. Pretty cool to live so close to some awesome animals. We've seen some massive Muleys and elk this year too (our first year in CO).