MX Desert Sheep 2023

Congrats—looks like a great trip with your loved ones.—I doubt I'll ever draw my bighorn, and stones are quickly becoming unobtainable. So I might just be a half slammer…again congrats

Congrats—looks like a great trip with your loved ones.—I doubt I'll ever draw my bighorn, and stones are quickly becoming unobtainable. So I might just be a half slammer…again congrats
The only bighorn tag I've drawn was a raffle tag. I apply every year for sheep tags all over, in every state and have never drawn one. Both my sons drew both sheep and goat in CO. It's a tough thing but keep applying and mix it up with a few raffle draws as well. Hopefully you get drawn one of these times!

Tell us about the tripod. I've been on many guided hunts, but only 1 guide had a serious tripod. and I did use it to take my Aoudad. This thing was rock solid in the Texas desert mountains.

I remember when you got that huge Bighorn with the raffle tag. Figured that you would have drawn several tags over the years also.
Was a little easier to draw sheep tags years ago, and was a lot cheaper to apply in all states.

Tell us about the tripod. I've been on many guided hunts, but only 1 guide had a serious tripod. and I did use it to take my Aoudad. This thing was rock solid in the Texas desert mountains.
It's a Really Right Stuff tripod and it mates up with an Arca plate - I like the Manners LRH stocks because they have an integral arca plate on them that is at the perfect balance point. I use it a lot while hunting and I also practice with it - you can shoot 1000 yards standing. I shoot a lot and I always have my guns mounted to the tripod. When the opportunity came to shoot the desert sheep, I knew it would be a good setup. The bottom handle on it allows you to loosen/tighten it up when the crosshairs are perfect.