Exbal Question......

Sendero_Man

On the main page where you fill out your load info, bullet, etc. what is the incline angle/deg area for ?

Is that dealing with having a 20 moa base on your rifle or is that dealing with uphill/ downhill shooting ?

thanks guys....

Sendero_Man,

Yes, it reffers to uphill/downhill angle you're shooting at.

I'm using the latest version of Exbal Pocket PC, version 6.0. For the incline angel section, you can choose between (deg) for degrees, like 10,20 or 30, and (cosine) referring the the cosine of the angle. Cosine(10)=0.98, Cosine(20)= 0.94 or Cosine(30)=0.87. Depending of what type of cosine indicator your have.
67r0bnr.jpg
4ulqhip.jpg

Thanks guys....

I run the NF version. I bought it the same time as my last NF scope.

I searched and can't find it, but what is the best way to measure scope height from bore ?

I opened my bolt part way and measured from center firing pin to center scope mount... Is this accurate enough ?

Thanks again.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks guys....

I run the NF version. I bought it the same time as my last NF scope.

I searched and can't find it, but what is the best way to measure scope height from bore ?

I opened my bolt part way and measured from center firing pin to center scope mount... Is this accurate enough ?

Thanks again.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be close enough for me.........
thumb.gif

Use calipers to measure the barrel diameter (may have to pull action out of stock to get accurate measurement) at the same plane as the front (muzzle end) of the scope housing, divide by 2 and write down result. Measure between barrel and scope at same location and write down. Measure diameter of scope at the front of the scope and divide by 2 and write down. Add up your numbers.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts