Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut

MajorSpittle

So back in the early '90s my brother and I invited our new brother in law to go hunting in Montana. He was stationed in Alaska for a while an had all sorts of hunting stories but no rifle. For the elk/deer hunting trip he decided to buy a nice 25-06 Weatherby with Leupold scope on it. We both told him it was light for shooting elk, but whatever floats his boat.

He spent that trip using up over half a box of ammo shooting a deer and not hitting anything. Towards the end of the trip I heard more from him about his purchase. He got it at a pawn shop as the salesman recommended it as the flattest shooting round for deer and elk. He was told it belonged to a gun smith that accurized it and the salesman said he bore sighted the rifle. My brother in law took this as it was sighted in.

Well, he didn't have much ammo left for the trip but I helped him do a 4 round "close enough" to hit something sight in. Any way he never shot anything with the few rounds he had left.

Later after the trip I got his rifle and took it to the range and sighted it in. This rifle was a dream to shoot and an absolute laser. I gave my sister back his rifle with a 5rnd group on the bullseye that was just a ragged hole and mentioned to her that I had set up 4 bottle caps at 100 yrds and shot each of them 1st shot in less then a minute.

Him having that rifle was a huge waste as he could hunt or shoot to save his life. **** what I would have given to have that rifle for yotes, pronghorn, and deer.

So does anyone else know of a blind squirrel that found a nut?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts