European red stag hunt video

trazman

I made this video from last weeks hunt. I hope you will enjoy it.
[ame]https://youtu.be/n6P2_J9tmmw[/ame]

Really nice job on the video and the shot Traz. You didnt leave much work for the dog for sure!

Tell us about your rifle, caliber etc, Im guessing a Blaser looking at the action and thats a beautiful stock. Is it a custom?

Really nice job on the video and the shot Traz. You didnt leave much work for the dog for sure!

Tell us about your rifle, caliber etc, Im guessing a Blaser looking at the action and thats a beautiful stock. Is it a custom?

Thanks Wildrose. Yeah the dog had an easy job. It is a young dog and we wanted it to practice on blood trail...

The rifle is a Blaser R93 in .300 Win mag. The stock is a GRS from Norway. It is an amazing stock.

Thanks Wildrose. Yeah the dog had an easy job. It is a young dog and we wanted it to practice on blood trail...

The rifle is a Blaser R93 in .300 Win mag. The stock is a GRS from Norway. It is an amazing stock.
Thanks for all that. It definitely seems you put together a very nice rifle that does what it was designed for very well.

What breed is the dog? I was thinking Vizsla at first but the dark head has me wondering if its a hound breed instead.

Thanks for all that. It definitely seems you put together a very nice rifle that does what it was designed for very well.

What breed is the dog? I was thinking Vizsla at first but the dark head has me wondering if its a hound breed instead.

Yes the rifle does the job, the only thing that bothers me is the 1-11" twist... I am limited with bullet weight...

The dog is a Bavarian mountain hound. It is a really good dog for blood trails.

Yes the rifle does the job, the only thing that bothers me is the 1-11" twist... I am limited with bullet weight...

The dog is a Bavarian mountain hound. It is a really good dog for blood trails.
That would be somewhat limiting but then one day it will be time to replace it and you can go with a 10 twist.

What caliber are you shooting, 300wm?

At wm velocities I would think you can probably go up to 180-190gr without stability issues.

Ill have to read up on the Bavarian Mountain Hound, thats a new one on me.

That would be somewhat limiting but then one day it will be time to replace it and you can go with a 10 twist.

What caliber are you shooting, 300wm?

At wm velocities I would think you can probably go up to 180-190gr without stability issues.

Ill have to read up on the Bavarian Mountain Hound, thats a new one on me.

It is a .300wm yes. Actually I use 185gr and 190gr bergers for hunting. I have a .338lm for extreme long range so the twist on my .300wm is not a big problem... However If the twist would be 1-10" I would use 215gr hybrid bergers...

Here in Europe this dog is really popular for trailing wounded animals...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.