EOL 156. 6.5-300 Looking for Load Info

K.E.C.

Howdy, I can't find any load info for this combination. I have Us 869 and Ramshot LRT. and Retumbo. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 😎

QL data for your combination.

Attachments

• 6.5-300 Wby 156 Berger EOL US 869.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 6.5-300 Wby 156 Berger EOL Ramshot LRT.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 6.5-300 Wby 156 Berger EOL Retumbo.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 124
Best of luck. I tried RE-50 and didn't get enough speed with the 156s over the 140 class bullets. That powder was the only powder I could find. US 869 would have been my first pick.

Best of luck. I tried RE-50 and didn't get enough speed with the 156s over the 140 class bullets. That powder was the only powder I could find. US 869 would have been my first pick.
Howdy, thank you very much for sharing your experience. Don't have Re-50, I've never used it. As the Weatherby site started through Pet Loads. The US 869, Re-33 and Norma 217 have been the best powders to use. I've played with 869, Lrt and retumbo, with good results. With bullets from 127- lrx, 130- accu. And 140 Berger. A box of EOL 156s was setting on a table at an Estate auction a couple months back along with a big box of missalanious brass. And no one bid on any of it, 😉. I tried to look disappointed when the auctioneer said sold- for 50.00 Anyhow Corey from Berger Bullets was very helpful in sending me load data for the 156 with 15 different powders. He was very helpful, and then one of our members sent me data on the 3 powders I'm using. Very helpful, I'm going to have to order that software, wow. I'm fixen to start getting everything ready today and should be loading this evening. Again thank you very much for your time and help. 👍😎

Yes, I talked to Berger too and they gave me a lot of food for thought. I've seen some member posts of super speeds with RE-26 and the 156.

Yes, I talked to Berger too and they gave me a lot of food for thought. I've seen some member posts of super speeds with RE-26 and the 156.
Well by God, I have 26 as well. Maybe I will keep looking. And maybe Just jon might see this and send me a quick load data sheet on Re-26. That's a powder not listed anywhere. And Hodgdon must not like this cartridge, I thought for sure they would have something in there 2022 annual manual. But they are Hodgdon not Alliant powder. Thank you. Have a great day. 😎

Like most of us, when this cartridge was unveiled, the first thought I had was for those heavy bullets. And by golly, with enough slow powder and a long barrel, those 156 gr. work pretty good!

Lying awake one night though, I couldn't help but succumb to thoughts of using lighter bullets.:eek: To satisfy my curiosity, I got up to look for some data and to see if I actually had bullets which would stand up to all that potential velocity. Found some data but not the bullets I thought would work so I cranked up the order machine and got some 129 gr. Absolute Hammers and 135 gr. Badlands. Both require fast twist barrels so I would have to scrounge through my supply to be sure I had a couple on hand. Long would be a plus...

No need to lose sleep. Both bullets need a ~1:7" twist but both are pretty easy on powder selection. Much easier than the 156 gr. heavies. It was sort of a waste of time to sight in at 100 so as quickly as possible I moved out to 300 for zero then 500, 600 and 700 yards for the tuning. What a great day!

Do NOT overlook some of those lighter bullets for this cartridge, it's a hoot!

😄

Like most of us, when this cartridge was unveiled, the first thought I had was for those heavy bullets. And by golly, with enough slow powder and a long barrel, those 156 gr. work pretty good!

Lying awake one night though, I couldn't help but succumb to thoughts of using lighter bullets.:eek: To satisfy my curiosity, I got up to look for some data and to see if I actually had bullets which would stand up to all that potential velocity. Found some data but not the bullets I thought would work so I cranked up the order machine and got some 129 gr. Absolute Hammers and 135 gr. Badlands. Both require fast twist barrels so I would have to scrounge through my supply to be sure I had a couple on hand. Long would be a plus...

No need to lose sleep. Both bullets need a ~1:7" twist but both are pretty easy on powder selection. Much easier than the 156 gr. heavies. It was sort of a waste of time to sight in at 100 so as quickly as possible I moved out to 300 for zero then 500, 600 and 700 yards for the tuning. What a great day!

Do NOT overlook some of those lighter bullets for this cartridge, it's a hoot!

😄
Howdy, your absolutely right about sight in. I only have out to 200 yds here at my house, and that's what I use for this cartridge. I've been looking at the Hammers, haven't pulled the trigger on any for this cartridge yet. I have 85, 110 and 117s for creedmore and grendel. My 6.5-300 has 8 twist so does my 264 win.mag. Thanks I will look again for my hot rods in 264 caliber. Happy shooting 😎

I have a recipe for this I just don't have it with me. I didn't wanna loose the spot so I'll reply soon