ELR build advice

upload_2019-11-30_9-19-27.jpeg

its a hammer. This is the first 3 shots out of a clean barrel the last time I shot it. Prone with bipod and rear bag.

338 edge will make a great mid range elr without going to a lapua mag unique action(dollars). as a target rifle single shot is fine so look at those actions only skip mags they limit oal. build a solid copper rig..talk to the bullet makers first it aint the same game, or go with the proven 300 berger . I am working on n570 and 300 looks good past 2400.

338 edge will make a great mid range elr without going to a lapua mag unique action(dollars). as a target rifle single shot is fine so look at those actions only skip mags they limit oal. build a solid copper rig..talk to the bullet makers first it aint the same game, or go with the proven 300 berger . I am working on n570 and 300 looks good past 2400.
Keep us Posted Please !
One of my 338 edges is headed that distance soon !

Rum Man

I'm no pro so do what you like but I'm working on my goal of 2000 yrds. Also
My set up ..
Trued Remington action
30 " heavy Palma Kreiger plus brake
55 moa nightforce base
Vortex Razor 5 x 20 x 50
B&C a 5 adj.stock
It comes in at 18.7 pounds
300 gr.bergers OTM @ 2889 fps.
1500 yds.so far then hunting Season opened .. adj. base is next .
Just took my Bull this year at 1244 with my light weight 338 Edge .
Best of luck in your Choice ! View attachment 160347
It's easy to Shoot .
Rum Man, I hope I can do this request like this , there maybe hoops to go thru here. I would be interested if in the future you decided to part with one of your 338 edge elk killer. I have been reading a lot, seems you have been around the block and then some do I leave a email address or a phone number, this is in the future, I have taxes to pay ,before anything .thanks buck in n.c.

Rum Man, I hope I can do this request like this , there maybe hoops to go thru here. I would be interested if in the future you decided to part with one of your 338 edge elk killer. I have been reading a lot, seems you have been around the block and then some do I leave a email address or a phone number, this is in the future, I have taxes to pay ,before anything .thanks buck in n.c.

Hello hvacman04 !
I'm not a licensed gun builder or carry a FFL ..yet... but sure injoy putting the components together with my Smith's help ..
It's been fun and disappointing at times working with the 338's but I still injoy them ! They seem to do a great job on Montana Elk and Bear . The long range shooting is perfect practice too !

Here is my Email just in case !!
[email protected]

You have a good Evening Buck in N.C !
Rum Man

Hello hvacman04 !
I'm not a licensed gun builder or carry a FFL ..yet... but sure injoy putting the components together with my Smith's help ..
It's been fun and disappointing at times working with the 338's but I still injoy them ! They seem to do a great job on Montana Elk and Bear . The long range shooting is perfect practice too !

Here is my Email just in case !!
[email protected]

You have a good Evening Buck in N.C !
Rum Man
THANKS RUM MAN, FOR THE INFO. I WILL SEND YOU AND EMAIL SHORTLY, like Monday or so SORRY ABOUT THE caps I forgot to change it back.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.