Elk - an amazing animal!!!

royinidaho

[FONT=&quot]WOW.......just how tough are these animals?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2011 South Dakota bull elk taken during the current rifle season. The additional pictures show evidence of this bull previously being in a fight with another bull elk. The other elk broke his antler off in this elk's head. The taxidermist is guessing that the broken antler had been imbedded at least one, if not two, years. The "extra" antler was found to be piercing the skull just behind the left eye of this elk but the surface had healed to the point of not being noticeable.

PS: I like the tee shirt!!

[/FONT]

Attachments

• ATT00001.jpg
    ATT00001.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 15
  • ATT00002.jpg
    ATT00002.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 11
  • ATT00003.jpg
    ATT00003.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 13
  • ATT00004.jpg
    ATT00004.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 13
  • ATT00005.jpg
    ATT00005.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 11
  • ATT00006.jpg
    ATT00006.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 18
I saw that somewhere, I cant remember where but WOW they are amazingly tough. People dont realize it they think its just a big deer but they are amazing animals.

That's going to be a cool mount!! A friends wife shot a bull moose that had a horn through it's eye socket like that also, made a very cool mount, didn't find it till skinning.

I have a 6x6 on the wall with a piece of of antler stuck in his skull between the horns. Looks as if the other bulls antler split. I had the taxidermist put it back just as it was whe I shot him. Nothing like the pics in this post though.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.