Elite fletching clearance

Chyhunting

Has anyone figured out how to get the fletching to clear the harness on the Tac Elites once the bow has been papertuned? like maybe a certain type of low profile fletching or something?.......

I was thinking about going back to my traditional roots and trying feathers instead of vanes. The feathers are much more forgiving. This is definitely a major design flaw on PSE's part, and don't understand why the difference between the 15i and the Elite. I hope they step up, acknowledge that there is a problem, and fix this issue.

I was thinking about going back to my traditional roots and trying feathers instead of vanes. The feathers are much more forgiving. This is definitely a major design flaw on PSE's part, and don't understand why the difference between the 15i and the Elite. I hope they step up, acknowledge that there is a problem, and fix this issue.

Me too.... But we'll still be stuck with the "problem child".

Guys - PSE is aware of the problem and want to get it taken care of for you. Contact your dealer to coordinate with PSE.

There is a plastic spacer (bushing) above and below each cam. On the first Elites and Ordnance that PSE shipped, the spacers were the same size above and below. The fix is to have more spacer below and less above to raise the cams up a bit. In order to do this, the yokes on the buss cables need to be longer too.

Guys - PSE is aware of the problem and want to get it taken care of for you. Contact your dealer to coordinate with PSE.

There is a plastic spacer (bushing) above and below each cam. On the first Elites and Ordnance that PSE shipped, the spacers were the same size above and below. The fix is to have more spacer below and less above to raise the cams up a bit. In order to do this, the yokes on the buss cables need to be longer too.

Great news! Thanks Andy!

I've been looking at my Elite and as far as I can see, even if we were to totally take out the top bushing over the cam, I only see the string height changing by 1/16"- 3/32". I don't really think that is enough to fix the problem but I will definitely help. The bushings coupled with larger diameter string guards I think would do it.. The bushings to raise up the level of the string and the guards to lower the level of the harness......

Guys - PSE is aware of the problem and want to get it taken care of for you.
The fix is to have more spacer below and less above to raise the cams up a bit.
Question: How did PSE miss such an obvious fletching clearance problem with Elite?

Between, modern design methods (aka CAD), alignment measurements should have been red flag. While beta test shooting of Elite would result in fletchings being damaged. That damage should have resulted in questioning of cause, and put a hold on continuing forward with production.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.