Elite 3200 or Burris Fullfield II?

deermaster

I know they are cheap scopes, but it is the best I can afford right now. I am looking to buy two scopes this spring, one that can hold up to a .300 Win Mag, and one for a new rifle, it will be a .270, 30/06, or .308, still not sure yet. What would be a better choice, the Bushnell or the Burris? I will be getting em in 3-9x40, or 50. They will be used for 400 yds or less whitetail hunting. Thanks for any info.

I have had both models, and i would choose the Bushnell and not look back. The glass and coatings are superior on the bushnell, and it will also hold its value much better. You should look at the Bushnell elite 3200 10x40 Mil/Mil. You get ranging benefits as well as faster adjustments when you do miss the first shot. It is a Midway exclusive, and is on sale right now for $175. I ordered mine today, and I also have its elite 4200 big brother and I love it.

I've owned 4 Burris Fullfield II's and loved them all. The Ballistic Plex reticle has some limitations but I learned how to shoot with it quickly and out to 400 yards you won't have any problems using it.

I've looked through a lot of Bushnell Elites (3200 and 4200) and really like them as well. My personal experience has been that in the first/last minutes of light my Burris scopes were always brighter by a little bit, but in bright daylight I could get a sharper (barely) image with the higher powers (above 12x) with the Bushnells. However, the raingaurd coating lets you see through your scope if it fogs up on the outside from your breath, body heat, etc. So if you plan on doing a lot of hunting in the cold where there is a chance your scope might fog up the Bushnell is a much better buy in my mind but if not you'll be happy with either and buy whichever you can find cheaper.

take a look at the vortex diamondback,they are on sale at optics planet for 189.00.i use them on my 22-250 and 30-06,they work great and have probably the best warrenty

Bushnell: more consistent quality on the glass, stronger scope body, heavier, has their water resistant coating

Burris: has a superior semi-turret style adjustment instead of Bushnell's simple finger adjust, usually lighter, can have the ballistic plex reticle,which is nice for long range

I would add that the Bushnell 4200 3-9x40 (if you can find them anymore) is a hybrid 3200/4200 that will be similar in price to, but will have better glass than, the 3200 3-9x40. It uses 4200 glass with 3200 adjustments, which is why the price difference is so small.

The Vortex diamondback has much better adjustments (a semi-target turret) and a better warranty, but the glass is inferior to the 4200 (but similar to the fullfield II or 3200).
You might also consider the Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x 40mm in the same price range. It has the best turret design for long range (adjustable to zero) and most consistent adjustments in that price range,IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.