Burris fullfield II good quality?

meatyrem

I was just wondering of the many of you out there, who has experience with them and how is the quality? Are they dependable. Are they on the same playing field as leupold vx-II or the nikon monarch? I am just trying to narrow down my options. I know some fellas out there don't like em and others will love em. I want to put em on deer rifles and am wanting up to about 10x.

I have the 3x9 and 4.5-14. They both work good. I like the 4.5-14 a lot-of course it is 150$ more.

The 3-9 is fine too but I like having a higher upper power to place shots and look at points. The ballistic plex works well also.

Eye relief is a little short but considering I have a loose shoulder and wear glasses anything except an Aetec has too short of eye relief.

Well I'm not worried about recoil all that much if at all since it would be going on a 280rem. Im thinking that I want to stay in the $300 and up range since I don't much like the scopes at the $250 and under range. I found a 30mm burris. I think it was either a 3-9x40 or a3.5-10x40 for about $350. I think it is called the burris 30.

I've kind of got my eye on a burris 4.5-14x42 or maybe a 3.5-10x42 But at the same time the nikon monarch 2.5-10x42 looks real good too, and at the same time I have been a loyal leupold fan too.

I have four of the 4.5-14's with the ballistic recticle, I have them on a 7mm mag, 300 wsm, 270 wsm, and 264 win mag. I have never had one move after I have sighted them in. Clicks may not be exact but fairly close, glass is on par with VXII. I purchased mine as a package with the spotter, and then sold the spotter for $50-75, which made it more affordable. Hope this helps.

Gent I shoot with had a couple of the Fullfield II 4.5-14s go bad....wouldn't hold zero because their internals had failed. Mind you, he put a fair amount of rounds down range, over a period of time, with these scopes since he shot his rifles about once a week working on his reloads, seeking the perfect load. Both were returned to Burris, one was repaired and other was replaced. Gent very happy with Burris customer service.

I'm not sure about them now. I am hearing bad things from other post on different threads. That since they have gone overseas, that quality has gone down hill. Just seems real iffy to me. I really wish money was not an option at this point or i'd just by more of the ones that I already have. Leupold vx-3 and Swaros are nice, but i'm just not able to put them on every rifle that I have. I love my Swaro 3-10x42, wish I had five more :D Or a couple more of the Vx-3 4.5-14x40's:cool:

I have the 6-20x50 w/bal. plex. It seems ok to me I shot a coyote with it at 540 yrd. . But you are suppose to use plex on 14x for drops, and in their literature I found no listed numbers for hash marks, just stickers, so I need to find drops for 20x. I have to play w/turrets some more to verify moa. Been on rifle a few years bouncing around in a jeep

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.