Element optics

matt_3479

Wondering if anyone has tried them and what there thoughts are? I have a nexus and helix on its way to demo and excited to get into testing. Will be testing them beside a Steiner m7xi, Schmidt pmII, vortex razor gen II, nightforce nxs, Nikon black, vortex razor lh, vortex hs. I will be testing it on a vudoo v22 to start for budget friendly ammo out too 300 yards and then switching it over to my 25 creed to run it through there paces. At there price points I'm excited to see what they have to offer as there reticles look nice and there features. The helix is made in China and the nexus is Japan. Been told made in the same factory as nightforce and vortex so excited to put it against them.

Last edited:
Well the elements showed today as well as my razor spotter. Initial impression is these are well made beautiful optics! To start the helix is packaged like a 1500$ plus optic. The turrets feel and sound very good. More tactile then the Nikon black, vortex pst gen 1, vortex hs, Nikon monarch, razor lh, bushnell tactical. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to seriously look at the glass but will be starting tomorrow with the nexus. Have it mounted on the vudoo and will be starting glass comparison with Nikon black, nightforce nxs, Schmidt and bender pm II and vortex razor gen 2.
52FE06CA-C684-40ED-BB7C-02717AEDBA09.jpeg
93E2B3A1-66AF-47DB-92E7-48C6F1D618A4.jpeg
BD4581DD-CFA4-498A-AC1E-D6ABF4C71B7C.jpeg
D08471A8-83D8-4388-BBDE-2C2BE7068E14.jpeg
AFB428D8-7AC0-4306-951E-55AF4F081231.jpeg
FEB015FA-3FD3-435F-B8BC-AFFA53A88C3F.jpeg
25BB271B-B3C5-4C8A-900F-C30061D3EB01.jpeg

I haven't heard of them before this... I like the reticles, the Helix looks to be a good budget priced option if it checks out.

Looking forward to hearing how they do, they appear to be pretty solid.

For comparison on prices. In Canada the razor and amg come in around 3000-3500 dollar price range. Nxs is 2800 and change. The Schmidt's come in around 4300-4800, the Steiner mx7i comes in at 4700-5000 and the Nikon black come in at 850-1100, vortex hs is 750 range and the bushnell tactical is in the 1200-1500 dollar range. The element helix comes in at 500-550, the titan comes in at 1000-1100 and the nexus comes in at 2000. I will be receiving the titan as well hopefully next week.

Started with the nexus today.

I did a box test, vertical line test, and the aggressively mashed the turrets all over the place for 2 mins, returned them to zero and it was bang on for all tests. Tracking was perfect!

Optically/function/feel, I had it side by side with a pm ii 3-20, razor gen 2 4.5-27, and nxs 5.5-22 today. I had a target at 50 and 100, a shed at 475, a tree line from 800-1000 and a cell phone tower at 1500. So far I'm extremely pleased with it.

-As far as turret sound/click goes it in order from best to worst; razor, element, pmII and nxs
- feel ; razor, pmII, element and nxs are close
- ease of zeroing turret; element, then pmII, vortex and nxs are tied
- zero stop feels rock solid on all 4.
- setting zero stop pmII and razor, then element last nxs

Optically the it's very impressive glass for its price range. Before I put my foot in my mouth, my shooting partner will be here Thursday to get behind all 4 and a Steiner, and my sister is a professional photographer who has been using high end camera equipment for years now and I've asked her to also take a look through all of them. I know it's a different game but she has studied and focused her professional career looking for colour, clarity, CA, brightness and contrast. I'm hoping to post our opinions on glass later in the week after more time behind it.

I haven't heard of them before this... I like the reticles, the Helix looks to be a good budget priced option if it checks out.

Looking forward to hearing how they do, they appear to be pretty solid.

i haven't shot with the helix yet but so far from fit, finish and feel it's sweet for the money!! The turrets aren't mushy, the zero stop is rock solid and super easy to set, turret zeroing is tooless, reticle is nice and glass is superb!! There is a slight haze past 20 power but that's fairly common on an lower priced optic. Spent a little bit of time yesterday behind it side by side with the vortex hs and Nikon black (both higher priced optics) and If this thing tracks as good as it feels and looks it's going be the optic to beat! Will begin testing tomorrow I believe with the helix. Going back out with the nexus today

I'm thinking about a 4-20 nexus myself. Everything I've read from people I trust, it's hard to be for the price.

Any updates on the element Nexus?

honestly been super pleased with the nexus! The glass quality is superb. I've actually passed it off to two friends to shoot for the next little while, and brought it out to my last local 22 match 3 guys at the club bought them. I'm fairly certain I'm going to be purchasing 2 for my self. Planning on throwing one on my big game hunting rig due to weight and my varmint rig. Should hopefully have the titan in hands and testing starting in a couple weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.