• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Electronic scales

Nubba0681

I've loaded thousands of bullets with my RCBS 5-10 and 5-0-5…
I've never had any interest in changing over to electronic scales because the balance scales just work.
I used a buddy's setup the other day and I kinda like it. He's running a machmaster but I'm not wanting to go that route myself. He shoot's a ton more than I do. He's retired… I probably load 500ish rounds a year and have done so for a good while. I feel like I can throw and trickle as fast as the match master but it's just so much nicer not having to do it all "by hand".
I'm looking for feedback as to why and why not buy whichever or whatever. I'm not wanting to start out with $1000 scales as I may find things I really don't like or may no like it like I think I do…
I've been reading on the Frankford and the RCBS lite. Anybody have one to part with or any good/bad feedback as to why I should go one way or the other?
Thanks
Pat

Pretty much all of the sub $1000 automated systems are using scales that give you results which can be +/- a step change in powder charge, regardless of what they claim to be dispensing.
If you're willing to continue doing it manually, I think this would make you pretty content...

I've never had any interest in changing over to electronic scales because the balance scales just work.
I used a buddy's setup the other day and I kinda like it. He's running a machmaster but I'm not wanting to go that route myself. He shoot's a ton more than I do. He's retired… I probably load 500ish rounds a year and have done so for a good while. I feel like I can throw and trickle as fast as the match master but it's just so much nicer not having to do it all "by hand".
I'm looking for feedback as to why and why not buy whichever or whatever. I'm not wanting to start out with $1000 scales as I may find things I really don't like or may no like it like I think I do…
I've been reading on the Frankford and the RCBS lite. Anybody have one to part with or any good/bad feedback as to why I should go one way or the other?
Thanks
Pat
Just remember you get what you pay for and Buy Once-Cry Once.
I have Beam Scales and RCBS Chargemaster & GemPro with Dandy Trickler. Now waiting for my V-4 to be here any day already have the FX 120i..

I run an old Lyman electronic to drop the powder then I put it on a balance scale and fine tune it.
I've had other electronic scales and just don't trust them. I'm sure the latest greatest are just fine . Until they aren't and you don't know it.

It makes me feel better being able to see the balance beam scales and know it's on. I zero it about every 10-15 rounds to make sure it is still right on as it can get bumped.
A little different way of doing things but it's what gives me confidence in my loads. I double check everything.

You might think about a cheap second hand electronic scale just for speeding up your process and then manually check and tune before dumping it into the case.

Kris

Get a chargemaster lite until you can get an Auto trickler it's much faster and more accurate than that matchmaster. Check here and accurate shooter they pop up all the time

Thanks
Pat
They have several members selling V-3 Tricklers and FX120i scales on LHR these past few days.

The V-3 was a great unit I kept mine when the 4 showed up the 3 was not as good with some powders like 570 and the such but it was never a big issue

Pretty much all of the sub $1000 automated systems are using scales that give you results which can be +/- a step change in powder charge, regardless of what they claim to be dispensing.
If you're willing to continue doing it manually, I think this would make you pretty content...

I have one for sale btw

Good:
For $50-$100, you should be able to get an electronic scale sensitive enough to trickle into.

Better:
Basically any of the $200-$500 dispensers….I use the old Hornady, so I'm showing this.

Best:

Is is really all about accuracy and speed!

Recent Posts