ELD-M advertised BC's

ohiohunter

Has anyone tested the ELDX advertised BC's? 7mm 180gr Hornady's .796 eclipses bergers .674

Open to all bullet diameters.. por favor

I shoot the 143 ELD-X's (6.5mm)

.010 off the lands at 2650 fps. consistant 1/4" groups at 100 and 1" groups at 300.

If I use the 3 BC's from Hornday's site (Ballistic Coefficient - Hornady Manufacturing, Inc) in applied ballistics, or Hornady's 4DOF calculator the bullet actually drops less than calculated.

With the lab radar reading 2650, I need to enter 2680 into either calculator to get actual drops to match calculated ones.

Verified to just over 1000 yards.

Well I've used the hornady 4dof with my velocity with the 140 eld-m.... spot on at 1000 yards. I also have a good friend of mine whos tested the 208 eld-m and that is also spot on. It would make no sense that hornady would lie about the 180 when the rest are true. The 180 eld-m turns 7mms into totally different critters.

Last edited:
I have only run the 180s to 300 yards in my 7mm Rem mag. 2885 fps called for 3.5 moa, I dialed 3.5 and it was spot on. I used the Berger calculator and it proved to be spot on. I'll have to wait until the snow goes to step back any further and check at longer distances. I picked up a healthy amount of them from Midway, should last the life of the barrel, just have to check them in water jugs next.

SHM

If the 7mm 180s in Midway's Blem section are in fact the 180 ELD Match, they're 13.68 per 100 right now. Only have a 9.25 twist, but stability was 1.36 in Hornady's 4DOF Calculator, so they should work alright out to 300 or so. For that price I can't pass it up.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.