Eezox, tell me about it

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by birdiemc, Apr 20, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. birdiemc

birdiemc Well-Known Member

Just read about this in another thread, never heard of it before. Sounds too good to be true but I just ordered a 4oz can to try it out. Who all uses it? Pros and Cons?

Hoping it works as advertised, but figure if nothing else I can use it on my dies and various tools to prevent rust.

https://www.eezox.com

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. GustavHalbach

GustavHalbach Member

I have used Eezox for many years. I don't know if it is the best or not but, I have never had a rust problem while using it. I live in the super humid SC low country....if something can rust here...it will.
    Eezon is not expensive...give it a try and see if you like it.

3. kiwikid

kiwikid Well-Known Member

Eezox is the only product I have used for the last several years. Even after several days in our wet bush my rifles haven't rusted. After cleaning the bores on my rifles I always put a patch through with two or three drops of Eezox and they will stay well protected for a couple of years. Have a look at this test. www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html

kiwikid.

Frog4aday likes this.
  4. birdiemc

How about their claim it's the only cleaner you'll need? Seems a little bold, probably still need copper solvents and what not am I right? Like I said in OP got a bottle on the way and looking forward to trying it,

5. GustavHalbach

GustavHalbach Member

I have ever only used it as a rust preventative. I still use Hoppes 9 or similar to clean burned powder and copper from barrel and receiver/action. Generally I put some Eezox on a rag and wipe down firearm at the end of my cleaning procedure.
    I think you will like Eezox as a rust preventer.....I don't know about as a cleaner....

6. cohunt

cohunt Well-Known Member

Frog4aday likes this.
  7. kiwikid

kiwikid Well-Known Member

birdiemc, Eezox will soften carbon in the bore of a rifle but it won't cut through stubborn carbon and won't touch copper. As a solvent it will remove the likes of the protective coating that say Redding put on their dies before shipping. There are a couple of cons that I have found but only with their can. First is the spout can be difficult to open especially if you have very short finger nails. Second, I have found that when tipping the can it will leak if tipped towards either of its short sides. If tipped towards the long sides as in the photo it doesn't tend to leak. 20190423_091649.jpg

Frog4aday likes this.
  8. birdiemc

Wow...now that's a test. Maybe I'll buy some frog lube, and one shot and try them against eezox on my tablesaw...that darn thing rusts no matter what I do to it...come to think of it, everything in my shop rusts no matter what

Frog4aday likes this.
  9. cohunt

cohunt Well-Known Member

Some love frog lub, some hate it
    I've never tried it, iirc you must strip all oil and grease, then "season" it in with heat, some say it "gels up" when cold and can cause cycling issues in semi autos.

Someone with hands on experiance with it would be better to ask than me though as I've not tried it.

10. birdiemc

Well that sounds like a real pain in the arse

11. lowoncash

lowoncash Member

I bet it would be a pain if you put it on your arse.

slv hunter and birdiemc like this.
  12. DSheetz

DSheetz Well-Known Member

I have never tried Eezox but I have used Froglub . If you follow the directions , as with most products , it works well and the extreme worked well at - 20 F on my AR15 . may be I will try the Eezox , just to compare the two , does it leave a film that will collect dust and grit as that is the problem I have where I live ?

13. ntsqd

ntsqd Well-Known Member

Eezox smells, um, let's call it 'interesting' and it stays in your skin for a while. BT, DT, but only on my hands. :)

Probably the all-time epic thread of such things: How do I get Herculiner off my Hootus?
    Be careful of what's on your hands and what you handle when.

14. George Dean

George Dean Well-Known Member

I'd suggest a decent dehumidifier & some insulation + weather stripping, if appropriate.