• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SELLER: Echo018

What about the people that don't give 'feedback'.....happens..
10 purchases may take a long long time for someone....
When I first started buying and selling here I would ask for them to leave feedback. A few didn't even though I asked. I always give feedback to help the member I dealt with and for others to see that they are trustworthy.

10 ratings was just a suggestion. It could be 5 or whatever folks feel is appropriate. I'd be ok with having to wait if the rules changed. I actually Have bought two items in the last week because they were good deals.

Heck even if it was two or three purchases it would make the scammers work harder anyways.

I like your thinking, but unfortunately most of these scum aren't actually posting but replying to someone elses post.

I believe there is already a minimum number of posts before a new member can pm, which to me is a great idea but unfortunately we still have slimeballs slipping through the cracks. Maybe bump up the minimum?

This is pure and simple USPS Mail fraud.

"What is Mail Fraud?
Any fraud that uses the U.S. Mail®—whether it originates in the mail, by phone, or online—is mail fraud. It's a scheme to get money or something of value from you by offering a product, service, or investment opportunity that does not live up to its claims. Prosecutors must prove the claims were intentionally misrepresented and that the mail was used to carry out the scheme."

This is pure and simple USPS Mail fraud.

"What is Mail Fraud?
Any fraud that uses the U.S. Mail®—whether it originates in the mail, by phone, or online—is mail fraud. It's a scheme to get money or something of value from you by offering a product, service, or investment opportunity that does not live up to its claims. Prosecutors must prove the claims were intentionally misrepresented and that the mail was used to carry out the scheme."

Why can't this be a "sticky" at top of the classifieds as a built in warning?

@Len Backus ?

This just happened to me with him reaching out to sell a tt315 but in mill not moa ..

How do you give reviews of good transactions here ? I've bought a few things and sold some and didn't know this was an option.
Thanks to anyone who can fill me in.

This just happened to me with him reaching out to sell a tt315 but in mill not moa ..

How do you give reviews of good transactions here ? I've bought a few things and sold some and didn't know this was an option.
Thanks to anyone who can fill me in.
If you click on the members avatar a pop up will appear and near the bottom you need to click on trader history. You can see past feedback for selling or buying and a submit trader feedback. I'm not great at explaining things but hopefully it'll get you there.

I think the reason that we have a good membership and there is no extra cost to sell in the classifieds. It would only increase the price of what we purchase from sellers. Seller would have to pass the costs on to the buyer.
How would that stop a Scammer.
Scammer sets up account
pays a so called small fee.
Lists an item(s)
Gets money from buyer
Buyer SCAMMED
Scammer gets more money than small fee.

Let's not turn this into Gun Broker Site.
after seeing you have put down every suggestions on multiple treads and multiple members what are your ideas and don't say communication.
good talkers can scam you out of your underwear and make you think it is a great deal, look at lawyers, car salesman, and most people in our government elected or not.
its about time something changes, doing nothing and blaming everyone else and making it sound like their fault has come to an end.

Do not do business with this guy….I paid for brass, he cashed check and said he never got it….I'm pushing this up the ladder here.

Do you have a copy of the check with the signature and the bank they cashed it at? I know my bank keeps an electronic copy of checks for up to 2 years. If so, maybe their account number is on the check, DL number or other potential useful information, maybe the date and time it was cashed, maybe the bank that cashed the check will have a copy of the security footage they could share with local law enforcement?

Feedback won't help either-- a scammer can just make 2 accounts and leave positive feedback for himself.

We used to have a rule that you had to post a pic of item with your screen name and date--- that rule doesn't seem to be upheld anymore---- on expensive items I always ask for more pics of items with "unique" things for the next pic--- example, if its a rifle ask for something unique added to the pic such as a piece of mail with their address on it in the pic, or a can of soda, or sunglasses, car keys, etc---- you can usually tell if these things are photoshopped into the pic.
Always be prepared to loose $ if you aren't dealing ftf. Dealing with long time members almost guarantees you wont get scammed as they usually get found out fairly quickly

Feedback won't help either-- a scammer can just make 2 accounts and leave positive feedback for himself.

We used to have a rule that you had to post a pic of item with your screen name and date--- that rule doesn't seem to be upheld anymore---- on expensive items I always ask for more pics of items with "unique" things for the next pic--- example, if its a rifle ask for something unique added to the pic such as a piece of mail with their address on it in the pic, or a can of soda, or sunglasses, car keys, etc---- you can usually tell if these things are photoshopped into the pic.
Always be prepared to loose $ if you aren't dealing ftf. Dealing with long time members almost guarantees you wont get scammed as they usually get found out fairly quickly
On any big $$ items I contact a few random members that gave feedback to verify that they had a good transaction. I have gotten messages back from every member that I contacted so far.
FaceTime is a great way to verify that they actually have a item.

I know others already addressed this and also pointed out some flaws, but I tend to only buy from someone that has ample feedback. I also make it a rule to never buy something at a cost of money I cant afford to lose. Getting ripped off is terrible and stinks, but if I set a threshold Im comfortable with potentially losing that lessens the blow a little. Thankfully to date I havent been ripped off yet. One thing to always remember, if it seems too good to be true...it probably is

I know others already addressed this and also pointed out some flaws, but I tend to only buy from someone that has ample feedback. I also make it a rule to never buy something at a cost of money I cant afford to lose. Getting ripped off is terrible and stinks, but if I set a threshold Im comfortable with potentially losing that lessens the blow a little. Thankfully to date I havent been ripped off yet. One thing to always remember, if it seems too good to be true...it probably is
Btw, this is a first for me