Eastern mt cow tag success

amork

From 12 weeks ago breaking my ankle in 6 different places and the doctor laughing when I asked about hunting season, Id say I had a pretty good season. Took it slow and luckily first day out I tagged out with this nice cow. 3 miles pack out and I couldn't be happier to have help packing her out. The 6.5 PRC did its job with a 180 yard shot with a 135 berger classic hunter. It may have performed a little better if I had it flying a little slower but still put it where it needed to be and notched my tag yet again another year. THankful for montana public lands.

Attachments

• IMG_3591.JPG
    IMG_3591.JPG
    504.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3559.JPG
    IMG_3559.JPG
    267.1 KB · Views: 133
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    968.2 KB · Views: 134
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    967.4 KB · Views: 136
Congrats on closing the deal!

I have to ask about the performance comment. What didn't you like about it?
I'm not sure if the bullet was flyin to fast. I hit bone and the bullet kinda vaporized. Didnt fatally would at all, took two more shots to bring her down with the second one through the liver as I was winded from trying to get into another shooting position and then a double lung on the third. I'm used to accubonds but couldn't find any with the whole covid shortage.

I'm not sure if the bullet was flyin to fast. I hit bone and the bullet kinda vaporized. Didnt fatally would at all, took two more shots to bring her down with the second one through the liver as I was winded from trying to get into another shooting position and then a double lung on the third. I'm used to accubonds but couldn't find any with the whole covid shortage.
Got ya. I know what you mean about finding accubonds and even partitions.