dyna bore coat

vipersnest

New to the website and have enjoyed reading and gathering input and info from all y'all..anyway..,looking for some reveiws from some of y'all thats used this bore coat..it was called ultra bore coat in the past..I've never used any bore coating before just good match barrels and a good break in and polish..got two sporter rifle projects going now ,one is a 257 roberts ackly improved and one a 270 win. both sporters and savage 110 actions..257 is going to be a pac-nor barrel (waitin for it )and the 270 has a savage heavy sporter factory barrel that the first 5 rounds were 1/2 moa with just a new crown job "11 degree" and a tubb lug..i polished it with J&b bore brite after a good cleaning with J&B cleaning compound and was happy with the results for a factory barrel that i got for just $69 and will work just fine for a deer rifle..was thinkin of tryin some of this coating, so any reveiws?

Time has passed ....did you try the Dyna bore coating ?
If so , how did the application process go and how long did it take for the cleaning [I hate ] to get easy? how many shots between cleanings now?

I've coated four rifle barrels now. One, a 9.3x62 gets switched back and forth between cast bullets and 250 Accubonds. Cleaning has been a cinch.

The 257 Roberts does not get cleaned at all and has about 800 rounds down the barrel. Both the 115 BT's and 120 PT's shoot as good as the day I discovered these two loads.

The last two, both 6.4x47 Lapua's are shoot weekly. The first got UBC around round 50. It got cleaned at round 300 and hasn't been cleaned since; total of over 1300 rounds. It still shoots it's favorite load into .5 moa and better. The second rifle got UBC before a single round went down range and it's never been cleaned and still shoots worked up loads into .25 to .75 MOA even after 1100 rounds.

One reason I can get away with this is living in our dry utah climate.

LOVE UBC/DBC!

Alan

No. No coated bullets. Wouldn't know what to do with them.

The last rifle I described has been getting quite a few Barnes 127 gr LRX's, as well as the Berger 130 VLD and Nosler 130 Accubond through it's barrel the past few months as I've worked up a load and practiced. Yesterday, I put the rifle through an acid test before our Utah general elk season next week. I went up the canyon behind my house to 7,200' elev. My 8" round steel plate was 818 yds down 10 deg angle. From prone using my Snipepod I hit it twice without a hitch. This is the rifle that has over 1100 rounds without a cleaning. Caveat, for dope I only used the drop from my Leica 1600-B LRF. 73 clicks or 18.25 moa. After, I compared the dope with my Shooter ballistic program; 18.3 moa.:D Gosh I love this thing!!!

Alan

2012-09-23_11-58-26_644_zps6f4df7a1.jpg

Last edited:
did my 260.... shot 600 with out cleaning, still shoots under 1/2 inch @ 100 when i cleaned it i used KG12 copper cleaner.. not a drop of copper in the gun, and cleaning took seconds..

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.