Bore cooler

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by J E Custom, Aug 25, 2018.

1. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

We have heard about many methods used to cool a rifle bore. Some seemed harsh and some seemed Ok but iffy. This was brought to my attention and looks like a neat and safe way to cool the bore.

The power supply can be any thing portable that will charge a cell phone.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5N36N...olid=21MZ4G6WRYPRE&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thinking about trying one for this hot weather in TEXAS.

J E CUSTOM

Deviant likes this.
  2. Mike 338

Mike 338 Well-Known Member

I thought about that too. Back in the day, we'd put a coil of copper tubing in a can packed with ice and draw air into the intake of our engines. I imagine "cooler than ambient" air would really cool a barrel down if your in a really hot place.

3. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Well-Known Member

Cold wet small towel works wonders. Just rewet in you drink cooler. Works faster and cheaper. Fold over 2-3 times so does not hand down too far.

4. Barrelnut

Barrelnut Well-Known Member

I have one of these that are an acceptable replacement for a chamber flag. Same concept in that they use a small high speed electronics cooling fan. Works OK. Uses CR123A that last a while and you can get in bulk on Amazon.
    http://barrelcool.com/product/barrelcool/

I really like a battery operated air mattress pump with tube stuck into the chamber though. It can put more air thru.

Ingwe and Dosh like this.
  5. 257Tony

257Tony Well-Known Member

I have the Beta 60 model that uses AA batteries. It works quite well on hot days, but I will say that the unit itself is quite fragile. My first one showed up DOA, they sent a replacement no problem, the 2nd unit the nozzle broke off when I put it in my shooting bag. I glued it back on, and its been fine since then.

6. dok7mm

dok7mm Well-Known Member

Plus 1 on matress pump. For a long day of shooting, the small chamber style pumps won't cut it. I add a wet large hanky in these 100* days.

IMG_20180723_130209333.jpg

Ingwe, Bravo 4 and Barrelnut like this.
  7. tbrice23

tbrice23 Well-Known Member

Get the
    RECHARGEABLE BATTERY mattress inflator, works great completely portable. The battery lasts all day.

8. tbrice23

tbrice23 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20180825-140824.jpg

Bravo 4 and Barrelnut like this.