dumb question 20 moa base

Good for you hellbound. You will appreciate it more and it has a special sense of satisfaction when it produces results for you.
Yep, even if I screw something up six times before I get it perfect, I have the benefit of the experience and pride of accomplishment for having something you've done yourself at the end.

Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, has to learn.

I should refrain from giving technical advice within 24 hours of large adrenalin dumps...like a standoff with a mentally disturbed subject holding a loaded shotgun.

I should refrain from giving technical advice within 24 hours of large adrenalin dumps...like a standoff with a mentally disturbed subject holding a loaded shotgun.
Been there, done that. Last time around it was my Ex with a Glock who a few months later killed her father over money.

The post adrenalin crash can leave you pretty empty.

I knew you would understand. My whole week was lile that. Shots fired... guy chasing girl down street with machette... burglar trapped in abandoned hospital, have to go in and room to room clear the whole thing..

I knew you would understand. My whole week was lile that. Shots fired... guy chasing girl down street with machette... burglar trapped in abandoned hospital, have to go in and room to room clear the whole thing..
Few things worse than looking for an armed perp in a large building in the dark especially with a limited team.

Firefights never bothered me, hell I got a charge out of them. At least then you can burn some of that adrenaline rather than having your system flooded with it, not using it, and then flooding it with cortisol on the down swing.

When I was going after bad guys though I didn't have to worry about getting sued or losing my job if I made one tiny little mistake though, and for a young father like yourself that's one hell of a load.

You'll learn to compartmentalize and how to deal with it though over time.

I'd never make a good cop though I thought of it. I just knew I'd end my career in a bad way if I'd followed that path because I have no tolerance for ******** and no one is going to even make me think they are going to take a shot at me or anyone on my team and not end up with a sucking head wound.

You guys do a job I know I simply couldn't.

Yeah it gets tuff when those calling the shots want a limited footprint to avoid mdia attention or public alarm. We cleared that space with half the teamm it should have taken. Then they want to wrap it up quick?? The ceiling crawl spaces were a real pain. My vote was to cs gas the whole thing.
And yes it was way easier to walk into harms way before she got here.

Yep - hated those "(the all-too-often 'only') available unit please respond to ______" - fill the blank with your favorite - domestic violence complaint?, open intoxicant w/firearm?, outstanding felony warrant for armed assault against PO? - name your fun. Don't miss 'em.

Keep yer head down and hand on yer weapon - all the time, every shift, every vehicle exit, *every* traffic stop. Simple insurance to assist taking a shower at your house after every shift and not the at hospital. Yer spouse (n kids if ya got 'em) will thank you.

Generally, there's no dumb except those not asked (or where the Seach Function was not engaged!!!! JK!!!).

After being within 30 ft of a disturbed subject holdig a loaded shotgun for a looong time while he was screaming to be shot I was pretty drained. Being the cover for the negotiator put me in a spot that there was no question it was my shot to take and mine alone. It was nerve racking ever time he so much as twitched and I was really comcerned the negotiator was going to cross my line of fire.
I am fairly certain that AR was made entirely of lead and weighed approx fifty pounds..h

Dude. Thats simply no good. No way. No how.

Thanks for your willingness. From someone not on 'point' anymore, i sure appreciate the current "Guard".

Sounds like a nice, hot campfire, some elk steaks (i've *never* ate elk, but from all accounts it's terrific) and nice a cold 'pop' - yer favorite flavor of course - is just the ticket for some deep R&R.

After being within 30 ft of a disturbed subject holdig a loaded shotgun for a looong time while he was screaming to be shot I was pretty drained. Being the cover for the negotiator put me in a spot that there was no question it was my shot to take and mine alone. It was nerve racking ever time he so much as twitched and I was really comcerned the negotiator was going to cross my line of fire.
I am fairly certain that AR was made entirely of lead and weighed approx fifty pounds..h

Lyons7STW,

You know I couldn''t do your job. I think most people couldn't do your job.
Hell, most people couldn't even appreciate the job you do.
But thanks for doing it. Thanks for your service . At least some of us know what it is worth.

WR, Thanks for your service. That thing with your ex scares me. You see I have this crazy ex...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.