Drilling hole in Redding sizing die

I am a little confused post 1 and 48 have dents on the body, The only way I have seen those appear in cases is when low charges of a slow burning powder. Were those dents in the case before resizing?
Seen several body dents like that years ago on 264 WM cases with light loads of old surplus H4831.

Post 37 shows a picture of what I have seen from a lube/vent problem, When Full length sizing.
If the die has an very smooth polished surface inside, And the neck is contacting the die and the body is contacting the die. There is no place for a skim lube to exit the confinement of the space it is in. And would cause the wrinkles on the shoulder.

It will be interesting to see if the die can be drilled. With some of the specialty drills developed since I worked in machine shops will be interesting to see the results.

I have a Redding die set for 7mm RSAUM. The FL sizer does not have the hole.

When sizing cases, I frequently get dimples in the shoulder. I have tried sizing with minimal amounts of lube, to the point of nearly sticking a case and still get them.

Redding wants me to send in the die with some cases...

This die set now sits on a shelf and I use Hornady dies with no issues

The Hornady FL die also sizes the case less than the Redding, so I consider that a plus. It helps too that the gun shoots superbly using the Hornady brand dies.

So to the original OP, this thread is almost exactly a year old, did you drill the die by now and did it fix the problem. If not, do u have a progress update? Thanks.

@quigley257
Have you tried Lee lube and letting it dry before you size. Had a problem like this a few years back and after first cleaning the die then letting the lube (Lee) dry before sizing made things much better. JMO

@quigley257
Have you tried Lee lube and letting it dry before you size. Had a problem like this a few years back and after first cleaning the die then letting the lube (Lee) dry before sizing made things much better. JMO
I have not used Lee lube before. What I find odd is that this is the only die/caliber combination to do this in my 30+ years of reloading. Imperial wax or One Shot or RCBS lube have always worked well for me. The Lee may be worth a try if the dimpling seems to be causing accuracy issues. Fortunately, I only need to load enough rounds to certify the rifle to meet our accuracy guarantee.

I have not used Lee lube before. What I find odd is that this is the only die/caliber combination to do this in my 30+ years of reloading. Imperial wax or One Shot or RCBS lube have always worked well for me. The Lee may be worth a try if the dimpling seems to be causing accuracy issues. Fortunately, I only need to load enough rounds to certify the rifle to meet our accuracy guarantee.
Quigley257 please excuse my message here as I can't PM you. Do you have the Parker Hale bipod you listed last month still available. I need it for a build if so. Thank you!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.