Don't be a poacher.

Awesome, I had no idea.
Thanks
I believe this thread got way off target, no pun intended.
Non of us want to have someone kill a game animal illegally, especially one as magnificent as was shown!
Even though we may not own the wildlife, we are all responsible for following the game laws. When they are violated, those of us who strive to more or less do the right thing feel something has been taken from us, if nothing more than the POSSIBILITY of taking the animal legally ourself
someday.
Our military have fought and sacrificed so we may enjoy many rights and freedoms.
However, in my opinion hunting isn't necessarily a guaranteed right as many may feel, it is a privilege as I remind my students often.
Privileges are much more easily taken away than rights.
That is why we as law abiding hunters must not only follow but support and require strict enforcement of these laws.
Many anti hunters don't support our privilege and truly want it taken from us. And they will use any negative agenda they can to do so.
I really believe this is what mdk777 is wanting to imply.
I just got home from a morning of sitting in a grove of pecans, watching and listening to crows feast without a single deer in sight.
I for one do not want to lose my privilege to do this.

I just got home from a morning of sitting in a grove of pecans, watching and listening to crows feast without a single deer in sight.
I for one do not want to lose my privilege to do this

There isn't a law that says anything to the fact you can't walk out to those pecan trees and sit and listen any day or time of the day....
That is a Right....to sit there with intent to take a game animal is completely different....
People whom ski on the mountains without paying a user fee to support the wildlife on those mountains should not be there...
Same goes for waterskiing.....
Clinton started the 'DeadBeatDad' law that basically put brakes to anyone behind in child support so they could not purchase hunting or fishing licenses.......but they can still go to the lakes and mountains to ski.....this includes hikers..bikers..and bird watchers....
Point being.....how many city folk are using and abusing the lands that we outdoors men and women spend billions to preserve...
Then someone can try to hide behind religion and kill a deer on someone else's property.....without a valid tag....
Ridiculous....
Life used to be fun...now you better read the laws each day to make sure getting up in the morning doesnt disturb someone elses privacy....

Yeah, missed the rule on avoiding religion I take it.
I know I have overlooked or pushed the boundary myself.

To all I offended I do apologize.

I grew up hunting in PA in the late 60's.
There was a strong ethos that hunters were environmentalists and true conservators long before it became hip.
Hunters didn't ask the ethereal "other" to pay and work, they did it themselves.
So, yeah it gets into politics....but doesn't everything.

On a previous duck hunt we had a member of the state conversation board as guest.
Of course the discussion of opening days, and if a late or early season favored the local camps....was it better to wait for Arkansas to open their season first and push the ducks down...or to be early and start before the ducks were so weary.

So, I was reminded that the fat Mallard I was taking in the Marsh of LA might well have born in Northern marsh fields of IN, and traveled along the Mississippi flyway, feeding in the rice fields of Arkansas....all before I had a chance to hunt it.

I certainly don't have any problem with individuals owning and controlling their own property. The duck camp I was hunting at happens to be owned by the single individual largest land owner in the entire state.

My point was and is, that game is owned and controlled by the collective US, and not an individual right. Hence, breaking game laws is an offense against us all, not an individual land owner.

Most here seem to think this is an unimportant distinction, a semantic and contentious trolling. I did not intend it that way.

Best regards all and happy hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.