Don't be a poacher.

OMG!
This has probably been the most ridiculous thread I've read in this site.
Thank GOD I LIVE IN TEXAS!
Poaching: while hard to pinpoint an exact definition here, is essentially taking of any wildlife resource illegally.
PERIOD!
I own land and I also lease land to hunt on and in both cases, this means I Lease the RIGHT to hunt/kill the state owned wildlife located on these properties.
If anyone, even my landowner were to take an animal without my permission, they would be
Poaching!
And they would be STEALING from me my ability to Harvest the animal.
Also
If you kill a big game animal on private property without landowner/manager consent, it is a state jail felony, including arrest, fines, and state restitution.
BTW:
What ever happened to the Amish mafia?
Lol

No, it is a class A misdemeanor, just like most other violation of game laws.
Sorry, looked it up.

PS, watch for those impromptu clam bakes, you can quickly get into the same legal jeopardy....and it has nothing to do with private land and leases.

Your all just have too small of a scope and a tunnel vision.

Great that you have your hunt planned and all.
It simply is one aspect of total game management law in the US.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/...eneral-regulations/laws-penalties-restitution

• enter property that is agricultural, fenced, posted with a sign(s), or marked (purple paint) without the express permission of the owner (Texas Penal Code §30.05). Posts or trees bearing a purple paint marking of not less than eight inches in length and not less than one inch in width and not less than three or more than five feet from the ground, constitute notice that the property is posted.
  • hunt any animal without landowner consent (Class A misdemeanor).

Last edited:
Good lord buddy, you just don't give up!
Perhaps if you'd bothered to read a little further?

upload_2019-12-6_22-3-56.png
upload_2019-12-6_22-3-56.jpeg

It's obvious you are very intelligent and you seem passionate about this subject.
I don't know where you are from, but if you ever come to Texas, brush up more on the law, and
Learn the difference between
Hunt
And
Kill!

well, got me there.

But let me leave with this one thought,

The more you make it an exclusionary activity, the more you make it an individual property right rather than a public wildlife conservation activity; the greater your risk of loosing that privilege to those who don't share your passion.

Foxhunting will soon be illegal in Great Britain.
They are looking to make bringing hunting trophies illegal to import into the US from African hunts.

You and I may understand the importance of hunting to conservation.
We may understand how hunting permits pay for public land and public conservation work.

But when you making hunting the exclusionary right of a very limited group, people with large land holdings, or willing to pay high leases....well, then you limit the pool of people engaged and active in our already dwindling heritage.

I guess I just haven't convinced anyone here of this importance...and that is a shame, because we are all about to be voted out of existence by those urban dwellers who have never spent an entire day, much less an entire week in the wilderness.

You need to sell the very real public benefit of conservation and preservation that goes along with hunting.

Otherwise, your land holdings and leases will mean exactly nothing.
PETA doesn't care about your land and your sense of what poaching entails.
They simply want to end hunting full stop.

Last edited:
morning, if Nancy Pelosi can express opinion. do not
accuse me of hatred!!! point her witch craft finger at an
American citizen.what right does farrett face adam sh ttt
have to belittle OUR President my President I will belittle his
unAmerican piece of feces. what right does humptey dumpty
Nadler and the hold bunch have to belittle the BEST
AMERICAN PRESIDENT IN 50YRS SO B IT!!!!! justme gbot tum

God Bless our Troops...

Sorry to hear that JC didn't heed the first warning from the Administration,,, JC is alot like the rest of us... But...

One might be wize to not cross the lines that are not permitted on this forum...

Thank you JC for sharing in the good stuff,,, maybe time will settle things out for you to return...

Don't hesitate to not reach out to Len since he's willing to listen to inputs... That way both parties get to express the differences and agreements set forth to run a spectacular Outdoors Web forum for """all""" of us to share in...

All of us are allowed to share in our ideas and thoughts on this forum,,, one might choose to be selective on the words we choose before we click """Post a Reply."""

I too learned this the hard way my self... Ha...

PS: I'm wize today in hopes of being wizer tomorrow...

From Dr. Wayne Dyer

Cheers from the North

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.