Doesm35 yards qualify for long range on this buck?

devins

Took this buck the first day up in Saskatchewan on the 14th. I was planning to hold out for bigger but it just kept going through my mind, "don't pass on a buck the first day that you would take on the last day." And I know I would not have passed him on the last day. But it was a short shot in the big woods. Our season opens here in Oklahoma tomorrow and I will not be in the big woods and maybe I can show something from a longer range shot over the next couple of weeks.

Attachments

• 377896_2258130375583_1318105737_32167572_511286447_n[1].jpg
    377896_2258130375583_1318105737_32167572_511286447_n[1].jpg
    11 KB · Views: 97
Oh yeah, that's long range!

The new calculation method was set by Len and upped by a following post.

The new trend is to include distance from the house to the animal.:)

You shudda said that you got him at 35 yds on that lake bed or whatever it is were the pic was taken. Would have received great marks for the stalk.:D

He would have been dead meat from my tree stand... Nice buck!! Yeah, next time tell us you shot him from 600 yards away, after you crawled across a half frozen slushy iced lake, while trying to wipe after you took a dump and couldn't pull your pants up and he stopped for the shot while trying to mate a doe and... well you know. Build us a story next time. **** nice buck

Thanks guys and those are some great ideas for next time. But wait now you won't know whether I really did any of those things or not, LOL. Did take a Coyote across a wide canyon last night though and it was cold, windy and up hill both ways. I am going to have to practice my story telling.:rolleyes:

Thanks Anvil, it is just funny because he was in bow range and easy bow range at that and I was wanting to hunt longer range this year. But I am very proud of him, Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.