Does this barrel make my stock look fat?

Smokepoles

Yep, you heard me right. I picked up a 7mag at our rmef chapter banquet and have this McM rem hunter sitting around without a purpose. Before I decide to fit these together can someone either slap my wrist or tell me it's not that bad? I think it's too much stock for that barrel but i have to admit it does feel good.. thanks for the opinions. It's a factory sps magnum contour

Attachments

• IMG_5067.jpg
    IMG_5067.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 17
Honey does this dress make me look fat. Oh yea I'm going to answer that one. Sorry couldn't help my self.
As much as I can see with the pictures you posted it looks fine. If it feels good then I wouldn't worry bout anything else. Again, sorry couldn't help myself. Have a nice day.

Well.. the barrel to barrel channel looks about right. The stock forearm does look a little large, but that just seems to be the style of the stock. Looks like the stock would ride the bags well. Just depends how you are gonna be shooting it. On a 7mag, that little extra bit of forearm is nice for the extra grip it gives when shooting off hand.

I have a Savage magnum barrel on a stock with bull barrel channel. Look stupid? You bet, but it handles and shoots great and I'm the only one who notices.

That stock will take up to #8 contour +\- the fore arm width is what looks off to me. The channel isn't too far off but I can fix that if I bed it in there. I have this stock for sale but figure may as well use it if the shoe fits.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.