Does anyone make premium brass for the 264 WM?

71 in stock/$85.00 for 50-264WM

Midway did about that on 280IA case too. $2 per case. Way out of line I feel.
They are doing it with nearly all their reloading products, primers, powder, etc. while nearly every other online retailer is selling at normal cost. I hate to assume, but that really appears to be price gouging, which is unfortunate, because I have really liked midway in the past, but this isn't really shining the best light on them. Perhaps there is something else unseen going on.

Anyway....off topic. Sorry!! I still really like my ADG 7 mag brass for my dad's .264wm, super tough and consistent, I would compare it to Lapua in other cartridges, but better, cuz it's made in Merica'.

71 in stock/$85.00 for 50-264WM
they also have some .300 Winnie as of noon PCT,,,

In looking things over on brass last night I came across a new case to me from Peterson Brass.
They are now making a belted Magnum case that aren't sized for any cartridge. It's a straight wall case that can be size to any belted magnum cartridge. The case is long enough to support even a 300 WM long case I beleive.
So if you are looking quality bass for your belted magnum, you can make your own now. I have 100 coming. They are expensive, but are available at Grafs & Son. So if you can't get you belted magnum case you can make your own. If I hadn't just gotten 200 W. Mag cases I would have purchases more.
In thinks on this, why don't the brass cartridge manufacture, make straight wall cases in in 30/06 case size. They way we could size to what we want. It simplify in making making cases. I have for years sized cases to conform to what I need. Instead of having to make a run on one case caliber size, they could make a generic case or cases that could be change to what we may need.

In looking things over on brass last night I came across a new case to me from Peterson Brass.
They are now making a belted Magnum case that aren't sized for any cartridge. It's a straight wall case that can be size to any belted magnum cartridge. The case is long enough to support even a 300 WM long case I beleive.
So if you are looking quality bass for your belted magnum, you can make your own now. I have 100 coming. They are expensive, but are available at Grafs & Son. So if you can't get you belted magnum case you can make your own. If I hadn't just gotten 200 W. Mag cases I would have purchases more.
In thinks on this, why don't the brass cartridge manufacture, make straight wall cases in in 30/06 case size. They way we could size to what we want. It simplify in making making cases. I have for years sized cases to conform to what I need. Instead of having to make a run on one case caliber size, they could make a generic case or cases that could be change to what we may need.
Interesting. So what steps would be needed to make this into 264WM brass?
If it's long then I'm guessing you would trim it long, run the rough FL sizer and then trim to final length?
That seems like a huge step to go from straight wall down to 6.5mm in one step all while creating the shoulder.

Interesting. So what steps would be needed to make this into 264WM brass?
If it's long then I'm guessing you would trim it long, run the rough FL sizer and then trim to final length?
That seems like a huge step to go from straight wall down to 6.5mm in one step all while creating the shoulder.
Mots times when I see people do this they go in steps. .375, .338, .308, and .264 or something like this. Don't know for sure though, I have never done it

Mots times when I see people do this they go in steps. .375, .338, .308, and .264 or something like this. Don't know for sure though, I have never done it
I asked Peterson if they would have wildcat tubes in .473" and .532" last year, and they said no. So I am glad 1 out of 2 is available. I have not done it, but it has to be easier than fire-forming using other cartridges.

I asked Peterson if they would have wildcat tubes in .473" and .532" last year, and they said no. So I am glad 1 out of 2 is available. I have not done it, but it has to be easier than fire-forming using other cartridges.
Ya, I would think size down a step or two, trim, size down the rest of the way, final trim, probably need to turn necks, then anneal, or some slight variation of that. Then, you would have killer brass! I love Peterson stuff.

Yes you would need to get a bushing FL bushing die in whatever cartridge you are sizing for. Purchasing different bushing to do the job. I am sure there would be a few step down from overall size to finish case size. This is how I am looking at it. I think I would step down at least 3 time and more likely 4 time to create the case .264 caliber. Now I have in the past taken 30/06 case and FL sized them down to 25/06 case and check for length in one step, but the cases already had there shoulders in place. You would need good lube, and not to heavy to dent the case. Go slow in starting the sizing. Possible you may crush a case or 2 getting the hang of it. The overall case length is I believe long enough to build a long belted magnum case as in their in long 300 WM case. The reason for that was to able to bump the shoulder back .002 to reduce the case stretch at the base. The other way is to neck size the case afterwards, and only FL the case when it get tight in the chamber. I know that in 2000 I use to FL size my belted magnum case and loose them in 3 to 4 firing due to case stretch. I changed to neck sizing my belted magnum, then I would loose the cases with the primer pocket would get to big.
I just sent off an email to Redding Reloading asking for their input. That may take until next week before I hear back from them. I have written to them before and had gotten good info from them.
I will post it after I get it. It maybe a surprise to Redding, but I have a feeling that Peterson talk to others that build resizing dies about this.
The case aren't cheap, but it sure would help to be able to build your own case for rifle.
The worst of it for me is I shoot a 308 Norma Mag cartridge with is shorter at the shorter at the shoulder and has a longer neck. My son also use the same cartridge too. So I will end up having 3 special order FL bushing die to have built for us.