Does anyone hunt with 22-250 anymore?

What is the real difference between x-die and FL die?
I've used the X-Die for my 308 Win. It seemed to work well but only had about 2-3 reloads on the brass. Plus my 308 Win didn't seem to grow as fast as my 22-250. But look into the design of the X-Dies. They are designed to stop growth after some small initial setup growth.

I haven't reloaded for a 22/250. My son has one. How much are you bumping the shoulder back?
Many times I didn't bump them back, just neck sized. After that I just bumped about two to three thou. There's a lot of taper in the 22-250, a great cartridge. But mine tended to grow pretty fast.

I only loaded some virgin brass, and shot a box of factory ammo. I'll keep it in mind, just I want to see how the "chamber" in the x-die differs from the FL die, both from RCBS.
In anyway, I am not burning supplies now unless I have to. Just shoot 22LR and russian 5.56 just for practice.

I only loaded some virgin brass, and shot a box of factory ammo. I'll keep it in mind, just I want to see how the "chamber" in the x-die differs from the FL die, both from RCBS.
In anyway, I am not burning supplies now unless I have to. Just shoot 22LR and russian 5.56 just for practice.
I'd just get a X-Die for high volume, or fast stretching cartridges. I used to shoot 22-250 much more so that's why I considered a X-Die. If I had four 22-250's then the X-Die might be on my short list lol ;)

I'd just get a X-Die for high volume, or fast stretching cartridges. I used to shoot 22-250 much more so that's why I considered a X-Die. If I had four 22-250's then the X-Die might be on my short list lol ;)
Only got two, and one of those will see very little action, its part of a collection.

You absolutely need 4, maybe 5 to allow for the barrels to cool down when exterminating/eliminating a dog village and it's occupants.
You need a back up gun for your backup gun in case you "go to" gun jams from overheating.
OR, you need a light weight sporter gun for the field and a heavy barrel bench gun for making holes that touch.
A .22-250 case is a lot like the .243 WIN which is a necked down .308 WIN. BTW, those are my 3 favorite centerfire cartridges.

Last edited: