Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle?

Do you plan to buy a new custom rifle in the next 12 months?

• YES - Of course

Votes: 2,019 72.8%
  • NO - wife/girlfriend won't let me.

Votes: 755 27.2%

• Total voters
Yes if I cand find a quality builder that will turn out a great product in reasonable time frame for my hard earned $$
A 30/338 lapua DBM around 12#

I have a Sig Blaser Tactical 2 chambered in .338 Lapua for sale. Its not exactly a custom build rifle but its hard to beat. Comes with 3 boxes of ammo, 2 mags, and a forward rail mount. It has never been fired and is in mint condition. Asking $3,200. Ready for immediate shipment. [email protected].

Attachments

• Sig Tac2 01.jpg
    Sig Tac2 01.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 29
The only problem I see with this poll is I think " a custom rifle in the next 12 months" should be plural instead of singular
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Not very smart to have 50% of the answers blaming a women. How about just a plain NO ! Custom rifles are very nice but most are extremely over priced. Custom rifles are not all created equal, they are some really poor "custom rifles" out there. If you can't afford or are unwilling to break the bank, a person can get a quality stock gun and add items to it as one can afford it & end up with a real shooter. gun)

Yup.
Were moving to the southwest in a few months. It wil be my frist for living in a rifle state. Perfect reason for a new rifle. Recoil aggiravtes the hell out of a spinal injury. So I have been talking and emailing with Shawn from Defensive edge about my situation. Won't be putting in for AZ lotteries until next year since wasnt a resident this year at lottery time.
Looks like I will be going with one of shawns rifle in a lefty 300 rums with e ough weight to her and the brake to keep recoil in my tolerable range. Shawn has been an amazing resource.

He is first person I've found who gets how too much recoil can make a bad worse for me but thst I want longer ranges then what I currently have can provide. Ontop of answering all my questions with sound advice. 95 percent of my hunting has been tree stand other then a few stalks and trips to Nebraska right after I got out of militsry. Then add I can't carry or drag an animal out physically with way spine is now. So while I'm stoked about what lays ahead also worried because hunting is my life.

I have emailed a few other custom builders and Shawn quickly stood out among them. I also have an issue with accuerrarcy when certain muscles in my back tighten like concrete or spasm. I was on a rapid response force thst carried a specializd weapons platform (bascially a very expensive tricked out upgraded m4) we had to maintain perfect scores 4 times a year no do overs. I could shoot thst course in my sleep. I shot competition in the militsry too. They kept me on the team even after I got hurt for therale boost versus another kick in the gut when I had a career ending injury and surgires on my plate. Those extended ranges when back muslces had a mind of their own gave me hell. I still haven't figured out the best way to correct wahts going on but another reason I was emailing Shawn was about his shooting schools. He went above and bayeod to some of others Ive emailed.
Talk is school may be a birthday present next year for me. Hooefully cash will be better in a few more months since we're pinching pennies for the move and I'll be requesting to be put in line for a.
Defensive edge lefty 300 rum. :)

I've got more guns than I can shoot now. At the age of 73, I prefer to spend my money on loading supplies or tools. If I had a range closer than 100 miles round trip, I might consider it. I've got a Springfield 45 ACP Range Officer model ordered to replace one that was stolen.
Out of the 15 guns I have now, I should sell about 6-7 of them. The thought of my wife selling them for 10% of their value and allowing someone who doesn't appreciate them to take possession, makes me a bit sad.
Now........ if I was 30 years younger, things would be different.

I do have plans of buying a new custom barrel (1:8) twist next Fall for my 22-250, so I can shoot bullets heavier than 70 grains. Never had a custom barrel before. I'm looking forward to that.

Spencer

Looking to have one chambered in 6.5-06. Going to have the guys at Hill Country build it for me on either a Model 70 or Dakota 76 action with a 24" Benchmark barrel. Not sure on the stock yet.

Nope, but I ordered a McMillan Edge stock for one of my rifles.
Plus I am totally happy with what I currently have.
Rem 700 Ti 1st generation is at the top of my collection.

Yes, but not in the next year. Still saving up.
No, my wife won't let me. I have to support a couple of recurring habits of hers. They're called eating and sleeping under a roof. :rolleyes:

My second of the year just shipped to my FFL a couple of weeks ago. I won't be home for a coupla months to get my hands on it though. I'd like to build a .223 with a fast twist and a can for a dedicated coyote rifle. Not sure if it will be in the next 12 months though. I hear its taking about 9 months for the suppressor paperwork to go through now. We'll see.