Do you hunt coyotes?

Do you hunt coyotes?

• YES

Votes: 1,658 83.7%
  • NO

Votes: 322 16.3%

• Total voters
I am not as serious about hunting Coyotes now as I was 20 or so years ago but living near a cattle feed lot there is usually a chance to get one once or twice a week. I either use an old Savage 340 in .223 or a 10" scoped Contender in .30 Herrett or a scoped Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine loaded with 90gr XTPs. (my three "truck" guns) Need to be sure to have ear muffs ready when shooting the Blackhawk.

Looks like your truck guns are quite adequate.
I expect that Blackhawk barks pretty loud.

I have a Springfield 22 long rifle, with iron sights, old tube fed model, but
it works well on small game. I also use a Ruger 10-22 with 3-9 scope, it
shoots good, however I like the old one better. These are ranch guns
I take on the tractor, when I am cutting hay and shooting sage rats.

Shoot them in the middle.

Yes I do every chance I get. I grab the 270 Howa and go just about one day a week. If I don't see any I still love the out doors and the hunting feeling.

I know what you mean.

I'm thankful for the Gun club I belong to, even though
it's 34 miles one way. We have all the bells and whistles. 1000 yd range with
steel targets, 1000 yd range with Iron targets for black powder, 200 yd sight
in Range. plus pistol, small bore, and shot gun ranges.

Good Luck and keep them in the middle.

Just got 2 in the past 3 weeks. A male and a female out scouting for the pack. That is how I keep sharp until season comes for big game. Gotta keep the tallent alive..lol. I actually just went out this evening and gonna go out next morning. Just trying to stretch out the legs of my new loads. So gotta love it.

Seth

Just got 2 in the past 3 weeks. A male and a female out scouting for the pack. That is how I keep sharp until season comes for big game. Gotta keep the tallent alive..lol. I actually just went out this evening and gonna go out next morning. Just trying to stretch out the legs of my new loads. So gotta love it.

Seth

Sounds like a plan.
Good shooting and good luck.

Your right!

Any is too many. deprivation by coyotes, bears, cougars and now wolves.
Soon all we will have is varmints. The bunnie huggers sure know how to
screw things up. Thanks, WALT!

i am addicted to shooting coyotes. if i kill a coyote during big game season i can kiss the rest of my big game season over and my coyote season begins all the way through to early-mid march or so. my personal best was this winter at 725 yards i hit the coyote twice second shot dropped it.

Do you have a 1000 yd practice range? If so, go to work. Set up
your target.

Then Practice Practice and Practice until they are all in the middle.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.