Do coyotes kill piglets ?

I've had a different experience, over several years , most farms in my area know if a calf, lamb or pig die I'll usually take it for bait shooting, coyotes here will devour a pig in days, the fatter the pig the more it gets visited, especially when pups are being fed.
Difference between a domestic hog and a feral though.

I'm in agreement with david g ranes. I've never seen a coyote on a hog carcass in W. Texas. Even piglets rot to mush before a few birds get the soft parts. Even buzzards wait a long time after you open them up. If they wouldn't eat a dead one I doubt they mess with a live one. It's always confounded me why they dont eat the heck out of them. Seems like easy pickings for a quick dog.
My theory is now don't get me wrong I'm not up on the Bible but somewhere doesn't it say you aren't supposed to eat swine I tell people around here that just shows coyotes are smarter than people and will go to heaven and I like a good pork chop so I'm doomed see you there. David

I've had a different experience, over several years , most farms in my area know if a calf, lamb or pig die I'll usually take it for bait shooting, coyotes here will devour a pig in days, the fatter the pig the more it gets visited, especially when pups are being fed.
Tame or wild pigs. David

I also dont think feral sows are very concerned with piglets unless they're right there with the piglets. I've shot a lot of them and the sows run off leaving the piglets behind. We caught the little ones by hand and put them in a pen at the barn and fed them out. Not once did I ever have a sow return to protect the squealing piglets. Ive also driven up on lost piglets more times than I can count. Domestic pigs are pretty protective but it's not been my experience with ferals unless the sows and piglets are in close proximity when danger comes up.
I know a man who trains bird dogs and has really good ones he was quail hunting 5 miles from my house he heard this squealing here came his two dogs retrieveing two little pigs to him right behind the dogs was the sow and put all of them up in a brush pile he got the dogs to turn them loose and they all took off with loads of bird shot following them steve said it scared the crap out of him and glad he had a quick place to go. David

I've seen coyotes pestering a group of hogs, but never got close enough for a kill. It was like a game for the yotes it would seem. The sow stayed close to the piglets and never heeded any ground to the yotes. This particular area we were hunting was infested with coyotes and pigs. A friend shot a nice buck in the last bit of light. We searched for hours but could not find him. We returned at first light and finally found bones and the rack. They picked it clean in about 6 hours.

Yes , feral pigs.. My experience is like Johns, I've caught many piglets by hand and have never seen a sow come back to protect them. They either weren't around or hauled ***..

It does seem as if deer get cleaned up overnight most of the time..

I've also wondered about cats. Mountain lions are few and far between in my part of the country, small pigs should be an easy catch if they wanted. Bobcats?

I have seen litters of pigs that numbered 10 or a dozen when young. Also have seen litters that were a couple of months old and only 4-5 were there. Did cats and coyotes get the rest or just a small litter ??

When I was young coyotes would wait until calving time and steal the calves while birthing and were eaten before they hit the ground.
Later on I found Hogs would take the calves from the coyotes and eat them and most were alive when they were chewed on.Thats why I hate pigs and coyotes and feel no remorse when I kill them.

For every one feral sow that will protect her young there are 5 that run and leave them behind! I peel mine open, vultures and coyotes will clean them up before they stink. I do put them in the same spot! I killed a nursing sow and the piglets came back to the feeder. One by one they disappeared. Had a picture on that game camera of a scared up dog coyote with one stripped piglet in it mouth! Coyotes kill lots of deer fawns but a lot make it. Same with piglets. I have shot three nursing sows this year leaving the piglets to join other sows or get eaten. Some will join a bigger pig of any sex. I hope they get eaten!

Tame or wild pigs. David
Wild a guy brought them in from texas when he was working down there he used to get drunk and brag about it he decided it wasn't so funny when thousands of dollars in crop damage I have ten acres of crop ground at the bottom of the hill in front of my house they had corn planted in it I asked my wife when the wind had blown hard enough to knock corn down next night it was worse that Sunday I got a call there was 19 pigs in our pond we would shoot them run them out banging on pots and pans but when we slept they came back they ate 7 acres out of ten it took the 5 years to get from where they were dumped to get to my house 5 miles away. David

For every one feral sow that will protect her young there are 5 that run and leave them behind! I peel mine open, vultures and coyotes will clean them up before they stink. I do put them in the same spot! I killed a nursing sow and the piglets came back to the feeder. One by one they disappeared. Had a picture on that game camera of a scared up dog coyote with one stripped piglet in it mouth! Coyotes kill lots of deer fawns but a lot make it. Same with piglets. I have shot three nursing sows this year leaving the piglets to join other sows or get eaten. Some will join a bigger pig of any sex. I hope they get eaten!
There is a new Order in the Animal World. Coyotes are taking Piglets back to their dens and rising them. There isn't much documented crossbreeding as of yet, but it is there and it won't be long. We will have Coypigs or Pigyotes depending on the stronger breed.
The PIGYOTES will be the more invasive species. They will have the Coyote head and Pig Body. However The Coypigs will have a Pig head with all the great smelling and strong body of a Yote to travel many miles each night. These will breed more due to their sexual DNA to breed and have more in litters. The Pigyotes will be out there just looking to take over areas, Since they have enhanced coyote heads, jaws, teeth they will be determinantal to other young species, rabbits, quail turkey, deer , and cattle.

There is a new Order in the Animal World. Coyotes are taking Piglets back to their dens and rising them. There isn't much documented crossbreeding as of yet, but it is there and it won't be long. We will have Coypigs or Pigyotes depending on the stronger breed.
The PIGYOTES will be the more invasive species. They will have the Coyote head and Pig Body. However The Coypigs will have a Pig head with all the great smelling and strong body of a Yote to travel many miles each night. These will breed more due to their sexual DNA to breed and have more in litters. The Pigyotes will be out there just looking to take over areas, Since they have enhanced coyote heads, jaws, teeth they will be determinantal to other young species, rabbits, quail turkey, deer , and cattle.
Sounds like a nightmare!

I know a man who trains bird dogs and has really good ones he was quail hunting 5 miles from my house he heard this squealing here came his two dogs retrieveing two little pigs to him right behind the dogs was the sow and put all of them up in a brush pile he got the dogs to turn them loose and they all took off with loads of bird shot following them steve said it scared the crap out of him and glad he had a quick place to go. David
one sentence🙄