Distinctive marks on brass after shot

dave1

I noticed on factorys and reloads each brass has 2 distinctive marks on same location ef brass every time. obviously its something with action.opinion's on what would cause this and does it hurt eccuracy? Scratch or just the gun. 7 RUM
progress.gif

One is like a kinda dotted line similer to --- down the shoulder the other one is like a solid scratch just be4 the shoulder. i cant figure out how to post pictures

Meaning rough? its a newer gun but.. that dont mean to much.. how does that go about?

Catch a chip with the reamer when removing it and you have a scratched chamber, simple as that

Sounds to me like the case is dragging against the back of the chamber then hitting the forward area of the action on the way out.

Without a picture we are simply guessing.

Sounds to me like the case is dragging against the back of the chamber then hitting the forward area of the action on the way out.

Without a picture we are simply guessing.

Good idea MagMan,

Dave1, if you put an empty cartridge in the chamber and then eject it, do you get a second set of marks?

AJ

ill try that and see if it makes more marks. can someone tell me where is the " upload pictures" i cant figure it out haha

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.