Disabled shooters/hunting

FUNNRN2:

Thanks for your work....As stated, there are many items for disabled hunters, but some of them are extremely expensive.

My offload wheelchair was over $10,000, but it's outstanding, at least to me, but it took me almost a year to get it after the order.

Get him in contact with any and all service organizations and support groups to start the process as soon as possible.

I have a custom pedal trike that took over 2 years to get...

Best of luck

Thank you Andy for your service . Because of you I get to live in freedom today!! My family and I can't say enough for your service.

When I went to get my income tax done 2 years ago, I walked up into the office and was shocked to see a man setting behind a desk with no arms. He was a line men and lost both of his arms . He used a computer with his feet. Very determined 2 work and go on with his life. Anyways he started talking about shooting like he had two arms and I was thinking in the back of my mind how does he do it . Well he had a local smith make him a cylinder type trigger puller that was installed into the but stock of his .308 he would set the trigger off by biting a small padde wire . It was topped with a NF scope . PM me and I could get u his email.:)

Thank you Andy for your service . Because of you I get to live in freedom today!! My family and I can't say enough for your service.

When I went to get my income tax done 2 years ago, I walked up into the office and was shocked to see a man setting behind a desk with no arms. He was a line men and lost both of his arms . He used a computer with his feet. Very determined 2 work and go on with his life. Anyways he started talking about shooting like he had two arms and I was thinking in the back of my mind how does he do it . Well he had a local smith make him a cylinder type trigger puller that was installed into the but stock of his .308 he would set the trigger off by biting a small padde wire . It was topped with a NF scope . PM me and I could get u his email.:)
I designed one for a near total quadrapalegic who still had limited use of his arms, but almost none of his hands. We used a Pneumatic bulb and hose drilled a hole through the front of the trigger guard and attached a small cylinder. He fired it by placing the bulb in his left elbow *crotch of the elbow so to speak) and flexed his bicep to create air pressure.

Lot's of innovative ways to help shooters today we'd have never thought possible a couple of decades ago.

I designed one for a near total quadrapalegic who still had limited use of his arms, but almost none of his hands. We used a Pneumatic bulb and hose drilled a hole through the front of the trigger guard and attached a small cylinder. He fired it by placing the bulb in his left elbow *crotch of the elbow so to speak) and flexed his bicep to create air pressure.

Lot's of innovative ways to help shooters today we'd have never thought possible a couple of decades ago.

That's the kinda of stuff that makes life different....Well done.

An option for a firing control system is what my dad and I made, (THIS CAN BE TRICKY AND DANGEROUS AND YES WE HAVE PAPERWORK FROM ATF FOR APPROVAL) we took a welder switch which is rubber coated and wired it to a 12V solenoid, since his chair is electric he has two 12V batteries, we made a plug to power his setup. It works perfect for him the hardest part is getting enough pull and also so it doesn't rapid fire :D, another option we used was a Bimba air cylinder that he would suck on to fire the trigger I'll attach a few pics of what we made.

Attachments

• DCP_0145.jpg
    DCP_0145.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 16
  • M-14-Trigger-01.jpg
    M-14-Trigger-01.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 18
first i was in a propane explosion in 2009 lossed the use of my arms for about a year i known have use of them to some extent. but because of friends and famlily i was able to hunt 2 months after i come home from the hospital. with the help of a gentry muzzle brake and a knox axiom stock i was able to shoot again. brought the recoil of my 7mm 300 wby down to less then 7lbs. of felt recoil. my lungs are also burned so walking at elevation in montana was and still is impossibile. mt has handicap hunting area in our forest service were you can go and sit in a truck to shoot from. there is also state fed and private ground to hunt from roads and shoot from the truck permits . i love to see other poeple hunting that years back would not been able to .if you would like to visit abut other ways we have found to make it easier for me please feel free to pm me a number so we can talk. good luck with your hunting rick

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.