dirty primer pocket

deserthntr

well i was prepping cases to throw a charge and seat bullets when after priming 10 cases i realized i forgot to clean to primer pockets. so i dropped all the primers, and then for some reason started priming again, i realized after 9 cases i still forgot to clean them. so i just put a black dot on them so i know the difference. i then cleaned the rest of the case's pockets and then primed them. how much of an affect will a dirty primer pocket have on the accuracy and consistency with the rest of the bullets?

Should be OK as long as the primers seat against the bottom of the cup. Some BR shooters do not clean primer pockets. I am very anal about cleaning them. I simply rotate them over the brush provided with the RCBS Casemaster; takes a few seconds, do it every time. I would not knock out primers with dirty pockets, shoot em and see. Just make sure they chamber OK.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.