Dirtbags steal deer head in Wy.

In 1997 I shot a bull. It made P&Y book and when it came back from taxidermist, we had a 4' x 4' plate glass window removed to get the mount in the house. Two months later I was in Indy at the bow hunting trade show. Got a call my wife had to fly to S.Cal for emergency. I flew home from Indy to PNW. When I drove in my driveway I noticed our front door was open about 6". Furnace was running full tilt. Pushed open the door, no one home but there was my bull. 15' from where he hung...now sitting by the front door. They couldn't get him out of the door!

In November of 1977 a friend and are we're hunting elk along the fence line of muddy gap feed ground. Frank went over a little rise and shot a cow and then returned to get me and his pack so we could take care of the cow. Upon arrival at his elk we found another "hunter" standing over the cow. When we told him it was Franks cow he chambered a round and informed us it wasn't any more. We very peacefully backup and left, and reported the encounter to police. The only concrete evidence they found was a gut pile. It was in local papers and even on the radio, but nothing else was uncovered.
This man was neither a libtard or proud boy a-s, but an immoral human that didn't care for others.

similar to this, I had a friend many years ago that had someone steal his bull elk head from his kill, while he and couple others were packing meat back to camp. My friend actually drove around to other camps in the area and located his bull head and since no one was around that camp, he took it back.

Thieves never cease to amaze me of what they'll steal and from where they'll steal it.
I try not to be petty but in that case that camp might not have been there when they got back either.

2 years ago my buddy shot a 340" type bull with archery in a general area in WY. Tracked him a while and decided to come back the next morning. Found the bull caped out with head missing and all the meat untouched. His arrow was still in the bull. No other wounds. Some asshat found it and caped it and left it to rot knowing it wasn't his bull. I don't understand people.

At least he was able to salvage some meat but still.

Lee

Thankfully I have never had game stolen from me but I have ran down people on foot that have arrowed an illegal deer in antler restrictions in missouri on public land.

Pretty funny to do dumb things in the middle of no where.

My father in law had his first elk rack stolen out of his own back yard, which you could see from a nearby road. He had tied it up in a tree so the birds would clean it for him and it disappeared about two days later, string and all. Pretty lame.

In 1986 we had a nice buck head and cape stolen out of camp in Wyoming. I caped it out for buddy and salted. The ranch owner got thier plate number. Called police. They alerted state troopers . They went to his house. No salt in truck. His buddy had headed back to Ca. We never heard anymore about it. They alerted taxidermy shops in area. Never found it . I gave a poloroid pic to officer or buck. I don't know why they wouldn't of went to the guys house in Ca.. It was buddy's first deer.

Horrible to hear. Some people are just void of all decency.

Have had two friends had their whitetail racks disappear from the taxidermist and another's cape n horns taken from a processor.

Also had a buddy shoot a small whitetail buck on public land and blood trailed it about 100 yards to find a guy gutting it out. Buddy said "thats my deer". The guy just said "no, its not". Guy hadn't even shot it. To avoid an armed confrontation, and being no trophy, my friend just let it go.

I told muddy story already.
In 1986 we had a nice buck stolen out of camp in Wyoming. I caped it out for buddy and salted. Had law involved. The ranch owner got their plate number. They went truck owners house. No salt in truck. His buddy headed back to Ca. They alerted taxidermy shops in area. Never found . I gave the Highway patrol a poloroid photo of the buck.
How could anybody steal a dear head/rack and tell everyone they shot it and live with yourself...? I don't get it. I hope they got Fish and Game and law inforcement involved. Pretty sure they he would have but don't want advertised .
A real case is the theft of a whitetail from out of the house over fifteen years ago, a trophy buck.