Headed to WY, deer and lope.

Coyboy

This will be my first try for antelope, and I only hunted this area once, last year was my first WY hunt.

We have 15-20 mph winds today and I needed to shot the 260AI to confirm my zero before leaving tomorow.

I shot a 100 yard group, then moved to the steel circles. I shot 4 at the 400 yard steel 6" circle all landed solid. I then sent 4 a-maxes to the 600 yard 10" circle and was rewarded with 4 solid hits, with about 1.5" of verticle and 4" of horizontal.

Forecast sounds like slightly calmer winds where I'm hunting. I think I'm ready.

Coyboy

Sounds like the goats might be in trouble. Hope you get a good one.

Myself and mo30284 just returned from WY and we spotted several nice ones on the way home.

If rain or snow is in the forecast beware of the back-roads. :eek:

Jim

This will be my first try for antelope, and I only hunted this area once, last year was my first WY hunt.
We have 15-20 mph winds today and I needed to shot the 260AI to confirm my zero before leaving tomorow.
I shot a 100 yard group, then moved to the steel circles. I shot 4 at the 400 yard steel 6" circle all landed solid. I then sent 4 a-maxes to the 600 yard 10" circle and was rewarded with 4 solid hits, with about 1.5" of verticle and 4" of horizontal.
Forecast sounds like slightly calmer winds where I'm hunting. I think I'm ready.

What part of the state are you hunting in?
If you are near Gillette, send me a PM or email.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.