Die Selection 300 WSM ???

I own every brand of die except Hornday. My personal favorite are the Forster dies. That being said, the Lee dies work exceptionally well and you can't beat the price. Purchase a Lee Collet Die. It will give you perfect neck tension every time. Also, I've found that crimping does make a positive difference, so I own and use a Lee Factory Crimp die for every caliber I own.

I own every brand of die except Hornday. My personal favorite are the Forster dies. That being said, the Lee dies work exceptionally well and you can't beat the price. Purchase a Lee Collet Die. It will give you perfect neck tension every time. Also, I've found that crimping does make a positive difference, so I own and use a Lee Factory Crimp die for every caliber I own.[/QUOT

Could you tell me in what way you found the positive results. group, es etc with the Lee crimp die. TKS

Tighter groups and smaller ES.
There are some threads on here somewhere that a frw of well respected guys on this site talk about it and how they found it was beneficial to crimp

With the Lee Factory crimp die I personally screw it down until it touches the case neck then screw it 5/8 to 3/4 turn more. This will crimp but not overly deform the bullet.

Some guys feel the more the crimp the better but I don't.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts