Die recommendations for 300 PRC

OG-danimal

Who has reloaded for 300 prc with once fired Hornady factory ammo brass and has a good die recommendations? I know there has been some trouble with reloading for this cartridge so just curious if you have something that works for you?

I use a Micron Precision Series bushing die from Bullet Central.
When I settle on load I sacrafice a few piece of brass to see how the primer pockets hold up with the powder charge and I shoot and load the same piece of brass at the range until the primers seating loosens up.
ADG went 9 firings and Hornady went 3 or 4.
I have 90 of so pieces of brass on their 5th firings with no sizing issues

Hornady brass, Hornady dies works fine for me. Not the absolute best fanciest dies out there, but they're functional. Honestly even Lee dies aren't bad, especially at the price point.

I also like Whidden click adjust bushing dies like this one:

Redding S-Type match bushing set, or Master Hunter set if you want FL and not bushing:

Those three brands round out about 80% of dies I own/use regularly. Sure I have BC Micros and Wilson arbor dies and Harrells and Area 419s and even a SAC, but TBH all those super duper fancy ones aren't needed with that brass. I don't consider low-cost die sets a waste, if you eventually upgrade then eventually you'll need to do something different and they save you from having to mess up the settings on better dies.

When it comes to the PRC sizing issue I wouldn't sweat it until/unless you actually get clickers. You ultimately solve that in the chamber, not with a sizing die.

From my research the guys using Hornady brass are not having as much if any issues with clickers because the brass is smaller at the case head. Of course it is not the same quality as Laupa, Peterson or Adg.

From my research the guys using Hornady brass are not having as much if any issues with clickers because the brass is smaller at the case head. Of course it is not the same quality as Laupa, Peterson or Adg.
I had problems earlier with hornady brass. All of them measure 0.5290 virgin

Bullet central micron precision die works the best.

I'm using plain RCBS dies with ADG brass. No clickers or other issues and I'm up to 6 or 7 firings on some cases. The dimensions of your chamber might also play a role. You may just proceed and find that you do not have a problem at all; which is what happened with my rig.