Determining BC and drop for big bullets

Dreamhunt explained how to figure out ur BC very well.
The only thing I can add is that with the modern mzl bullets we now have with the long aluminum tips such as the Pittman, Parker & ASG the G8 drag model is far more accurate than the G1 when figuring out ur drops.

Buy the Barnes 290 With the tip installed and boat tail configuration. Remember to swab out your barrel every shot 1 wet then 2 dry patches. If you do not velocity will drop off with a cruddy barrel after each shot. I tested this through a chronograph and was amazed to see the velocity deterioration without a clean tube. This might not impress most but I have my Thompson shooting 5 Moa at 300 yds topped with a leupold 3:5x10 CDS. A great Elk gun.

Buy the Barnes 290 With the tip installed and boat tail configuration. Remember to swab out your barrel every shot 1 wet then 2 dry patches. If you do not velocity will drop off with a cruddy barrel after each shot. I tested this through a chronograph and was amazed to see the velocity deterioration without a clean tube. This might not impress most but I have my Thompson shooting 5 Moa at 300 yds topped with a leupold 3:5x10 CDS. A great Elk gun.
Those won't work in the barrel he has.

I assume u meant 1/2 moa instead of 5 moa.
What kind of velocity are u shooting them out of ur Thompson?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.