Defiance Machine - NEED A LITTLE HELP PLEASE

PRCLITE

I want to precede this post with: I am NOT a gunsmith but I really enjoy building, tinkering, troubleshooting and fixing firearms. I have built dozens of AR's and a few bolt guns in the past. The bolt guns were mostly prefits and I've had great success with them.

I am currently building a 6CM that I've wanted to do for the past few years now. I finally was able to snag a Defiance Anti-X action (first experience with Defiance actions) and a Proof pre-fit. I've already got a Manners EH-1 sitting around which will serve as my temp stock until my MCS-PH stock is complete (October). My next order of business is to figure out my bottom metal. My last two builds included the Hawkins Hunter DBM which I do like but I was hoping to go with a BDL floor plate this time. I always order my Manners stocks with the M5 inlet so I have plenty of options for bottom metal. I am very particular and want some advice on two things:

1. I'd like M5 bottom metal that will match the high polish finish of a Defiance action. Can anyone recommend a BDL bottom metal that matches the polished look of the action and fits the M5 contour? If not, can I just get the action bead blasted or something to maintain the stainless look and match the finish on the Proof? What about cerakote - is that an option?

2. I would like to keep the action in the polished look but may elect to nitride the bolt only so if anyone can recommend if that's a good idea and where to get it done I would appreciate it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have several that are fully nitrided and several with bolt only. Fully nitride or for hunting rifles, and the ones with the bolt only are mostly for target like 6BRA and 22GT. It is good stuff.

You can buy a steel BM and send it off to polishing, but no one will be able to guarantee that it will match the defiance polish because it's more than likely two different types of steel.

Send it to Brian at Pucker Factor Rifles.
+1 (307) 679-1191
he uses the same company that defiance does.