Defensive Edge LRH Classes 2008

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Ok Guys,

I finally have the class schedual for 2008. These dates will hit the website in a week or two but I wanted to give the "guys" and early shot at the dates.

May 24-25 Basic long range hunting
June 7-8 Basic long range hunting
June 21-22 Basic long range hunting
July 19-20 Advanced long range hunting (Limited to 6 people)
August 16-17 Basic long range hunting

For more Info on the specifics of the classes, content and requirements go to the 2007 classes at Defensive Edge long range hunting Classes 2008 . Several members from this site have attended if you would like an outside opinion. I am sure they will chime in if you have questions.
The advanced class will require in addition a 4 wheeler to access the areas we will be using.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shawn,

What does the advanced class offer over the basic course? Should a guy have gone through the beginner course first?

You will have to have had the Basic course before getting into the advanced. The advanced class is all field shooting in hunting situations and locations. I have scouted and shot a number of these locations in prep for this class. I had wanted to run this last year but did not have the prep work in.

Is the course still $300. I might be interested in coming to this. Its quite a haul but if its worth it I could use some vacation time for it.

Also has anybody on this forum been to it. I would like to see what others have thought of the classes.

thanks
Lucas

Hi Lucas,

I took Shawn's basic course last August and I couldn't be happier. In fact, if I can swing the vacation time I plan to sign up again. For $300, I learned an incredible amount of information. Shawn and his crew were personable and helpful, and I came away with the confidence and ability to make shots at far longer distances than my personal limitations previously allowed.

If you're anything like me, you will find it time/money well spent. On day 1, Shawn had us at the range getting our rifles sighted in and taking shots from 100 to 1150 yards. On day 2, he had us out in the woods shooting steel targets... in the mud and rain, at distances out past 900 yards. He also had people paired up, doping the wind and spotting for each other. Talk about "real-life" experience and practice!!

I thought it was a great class. But don't take my word for it - take the class, and let us know what YOU think about it. :)

-Brian

On the video, the guys doing the production tell me I will have my first shipment of the finished copies in time for the SHOT show at the end of the month.

I did a search for the video and didn't find anything. What is the long range video about. Does it teach or is different long range shots you have taken?

Lucas

It is both, mostly instruction on the aspects of long range shooting / hunting there is footage as examples fo game shots and field practice shots. There is the shot on my bear this last fall at 1018 yards and others. I shoul have my first run of these in around the first or second week of Feb. I will post here at LRH when they are in.

Shawn

Shawn
I'm a new member here and just feeling my way into the long range game. I'd like to sign up for the first or second course offering. I left a voice mail on your shop phone. If you have an opening I'll send a check.
I had to pass up a 370 bull at 650 yds last season in southeast Idaho last season and somebody else killed him two days later while I was stalking him. Never again. Should have my new rifle in april and am planning a month roadtrip in may/ june to do nothing but shoot[ okay maybe a few trout].
I used to live in your neck of the woods [20 miles east of Moscow] and guided unit 10 a couple of seasons and look forward to getting back to that area.
Sam Strong

Sam,

Your more from my neck of the woods than you know. I was born in Orofino. I have a couple of openings in those classes. Send you contact info and tuition to me and I'll get you slotted in:

Defensive Edge Inc.
15670 N Ranch Valley rd.
Rathdrum Id. 83858

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.