DEFENSIVE EDGE LRH CLASS DATES

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
LRHPOSTERuploadable.JPG

OK guys,

Here are the dates of the long range classes I have schedualed for this year. APRIL 22, MAY 20, JUNE 17, JULY 15, AUGUST 19, SEPTEMBER 16 Tuition will be 125.00 a person. All of the above dates will be at the Fernan Rod & Gun Club range just 10 minutes outside of Couer D' Alene Idaho. In addition, back to back of the July and August classes on the following day I will hold a 1 day long range field shooting class in the CDA national forest. This class will be small limited to 6 people that have taken the basic class 175.00 a person. This class will be uphill, down hill, cross canyon etc. field shooting position practice and shot log developement. Paid tuition will reserve a certain class date. I have 25+ people prepaid before the dates were even set. I wanted the people from out of the area have a good shot at getting the dates they wanted. This will not be up on the DE website for a few weeks so if you need a particular date get ahold of me soon. Hope to see you this summer for practice. Also in interest of not cluttering up the website here with business affairs please email me direct for available dates etc. Any questions about the class post here and I will try to answer for all.

April 15 ??##??

Oh, that is such a depressing date. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Geeze maneeze. That July class looks soooo tempting.

I'll ask the first question. What equipment is needed and recomended? I remember that you saying you like to have your students actually shoot in your shooting classes. That seems like a "no brainer" but I have seen some instructors that yak alot and do all the shooting themselves. How many rounds would a student need to bring? What distances will the class be shooting at the range.

4KED HORN,

I will post an outline and class needs soon. My classes are about shooters learning and getting dialed in. I do just enough shooting to let everyone know I have a clue. You will need 100 rounds basic and 100 rounds Advance Field class. It is not a high round count class and no one has ever run out of ammo, but I like to be safe.

LONG RANGE HUNTING
BASIC CLASS

Defensive Edge Inc. draws from its experience in dynamic and tactical shooting competitions, law enforcement precision rifle work, long range guiding and custom gun building to provide a course of instruction bred from experience, not theory or untested ideas. The LRH Basic class is designed for the entry level shooter interested in long range application to hunting. While there is some lecture, chart work etc. it is all done on the firing line there is no formal, dry, classroom work in our curriculum. Students will cover the following topics and exercises:

• MOA explanation and application
• Target knob, ballistic reticules & BDC'sDrop charts
• Internal & external ballistics as they apply to LRH
• Atmospheric conditions and their effects
• WIND
• up/downhill shooting
• equipment setup
• weapon zero (shooting)
• drop chart confirmation out to 600+ yards (shooting)
• adjusting the chart
• shot logs data and entry
• up/downhill (shooting)
• field positions and random distance (shooting)
• and more

Equipment:
• rifle capable of 1"@ 100yards or less
• rifle you can shoot possibly 100 rounds in a day (probably closer to 60 though)
• quality scope with repeatable target knobs or ballistic reticule or both (knobs are much preferred)
• 100 rounds of ammunition you intend to hunt with
• field rest equipment – bipod, shooting sticks, etc.
• sand bags for initial drop sheet work
• eye & ear protection
• lunch
Items that are nice to have:
• range finder
• spotting scope
• weather station ( Kestrel etc.)
• cosine indicator
• palm or pocket pc w/exbal

This covers everything I would require or recommend, feel free to bring any additional shooting gear you like. If you have additional questions or requests feel free to contact me.

I would definatly buy a video. I would love to attend the class but there is very little chance I will be able to get away from the kids for any length of time.

What class dates ar still available? Would be interested if can work dates out. Thanks- I'm pretty new to the game but looking for more direction and knowledge. Figured this would be a great way to get going. Mark Thompson lives in my area but I would rather figure out how to use a systematic approach to a variety of loads instead of just the 1 load and the 1 caliber that he offers.

I was fortunate to take the class last year and it is well worth the money the only down side is then you will want a rifle built by Shawn (mine was just finished.) I am going to take the class again this summer with my new rifle so I am set for the fall hunting season. I highly reccomend the class. Don

would like to sign up for classes but can't get an answer on email - how about a phone # or email me with address or something so I can sign up. Can't locate in phone book either. Thanks
email [email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.