Defective brass

I bought the first generation Nosler brass, it was the very first boxes to land here in Australia…..it was very pricy and later discovered it was made by Federal.
It was absolute junk, just like all Federal brass.
Later I was given a couple hundred of the Norma made 338-06 brass, suspecting it would be soft, I loaded a start load and could only go about 80% of a normal max load as it showed sticky extraction at that point and was a good 150fps slow.
I gave it back to my buddy and never looked at it again.
I still used Norma brass, but it is softer than most brands and primer pockets open quick unfortunately.

Cheers.
sorry to ear that... I don't know what the ship in Australia.. and i'm not here to defend.any brass company.. but as per example.. my hornady brass after 10 reload start to Crack on the neck even if I 'm annealing..
MY FEDERAL ARE ALEEADY AT 22 RELOAD AND PERFECT

I have not been a Norma fan since 1964.
I was in U.S. Army at Fort Dix fall of 1964, Was to be on leave for deer season. With all I had read, I asked my Father in Law to pick me up a box of Nosler 243 Win. 100 gr. I got home on Sunday night. had to trust sight-in from July.

Went deer hunting opening morning, Snow on ground and snow falling. Beautiful morning to hunt. Crossed a set of 3 tracks, started tracking, About a 1/2 mile later the Deer jumped out of beds right out of my site. I heard some limbs break. Found big tracks at bed higher than other 2. Started following these tracks. About a mile on the track, I saw a set of antlers turn from behind a tree and some brush, The buck just jumped about 3 jumps and stopped broadside in the open. Antlers show a foot above his head. The crosshairs settled behind the front leg, The safety went off and I squeezed the trigger. Snow fell out of the trees and the deer disappeared. I worked the bolt. When I could see the deer. He was on his knees in front and put 1 leg out as to get up. The crosshairs settled behind the front leg and squeezed the trigger, The deer was still trying to get on his feet. The 3rd shot broke his neck.
Nosler's Tri-Clad bullets did not open on deer size animal.
Lost several cases to loose primer pockets at reloading.