DEER JERKY!!!!!

SealT5

And some German Sausage!

9C298298-88DB-44C8-A1B1-2D6FC9F1EE1B.jpeg
65DB1592-2F32-458E-9210-0C0AA41B8ECD.jpeg

German is a 50/50 pork mixture and smoked. The jerky is thick sliced from the shoulders. Dehydrated slightly And then rolled in fresh ground pepper. 15lbs of meat yielded 12lbs of jerky

So fine. At the end of the day, incredible chow is why I hunt and it makes for some fine gifts as well.

We buy very little store bought meat. I love fooling ppl into think they are eating beef or pork. Made Gemsbok Chilli lastnight for a get together. One guy asked if I used ground ribeye or sirloin

I just started making deer jerky with a dehydrator myself. I cut it much thinner so it will be tough instead of chewy though. Also, am doing wild turkey jerky the same way. My kids will eat it but Wifey says no!

I cut it thin and use a dehydrator for this recipe:
1) Mix worcestershire sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper, ms dash, soy sause and a little mustard, marinade over night.

Sun dried yerky with these 2 recipes:
1) Coarse sea salt, black pepper and oregano. ( Peppered style but the oregano gives it a nice taste)
2) Red chili powder, sea salt, pepper and oregano

Wife loves the last 2 recipes, squeeze some lime juice on top paired with a good craft beer.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.