Some deer just more meaningful

wallypedal

Three years ago my son was paralyzed waist down in a sledding accident. Years ago, I got him and his best friend started hunting the right way, chasing turkeys. Now that same friend and a couple very kind landowners have teamed up to help him hunt deer in Wyoming. This was the result November 9th - I'm really proud of him. It was only about a 130 yd. shot, but he's come an incredibly long way to be ready to squeeze the trigger.
Hunting%20019.JPG

Dave wasn't able to get this one sent in for mounting, but I'm sure that will keep him keen on going again!
Here's the one he got a couple years ago:
davedeer_1.JPG

Wallypedal

Last edited:
Man, that is great! Congratulations are in order.

Why couldn't it be mounted? Or did I read that wrong?

I generally do a "European" mount on my deer, keep waiting for The Big One for a full mount...

Again, congratulations to the young hunter. That's a fine buck.

Guy M,
He didn't get it mounted primarily because of the expense - also he just had one mounted just over a year ago, and his lady doesn't like staring at animal skulls (she'll learn), and he is too proud most of the time to take 'handouts' from ol' Dad. He shot a great antelope and I did the European thing and it came out great in my opinion, and he liked it too. He is working on this relationship thing, and it least she has become a red meat consumer in the last couple years. So there's hope. We'll do just as nice a job as possible plaque mounting it, and then if he gets a little better situated we can find a cape donor walking around in a year or so....

Thanks for the congrats, I'll tell him!
Wallypedal

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.